Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Beer cruise

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Gunner5360
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuenca
Does the one in the new england area serve MN, VT, and NH breweries? Cause if it did...this would be...awesome... Pricey??
I'm not sure this is my first I know that the travel agency did a east coast cruise last year up to Canada, but I have no idea what beers they had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy
Enjoy it! I'm sitting in the terminal waiting to go on my carnival cruie. Im praying they changed the beer menu since last year. It was my only complaint.
This is my first cruise ever and I am very impressed with celebrity so far the room is amazing and the service is top notch. Hope yours is as enjoyable

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #12
Gunner5360
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner5360
I'm not sure this is my first I know that the travel agency did a east coast cruise last year up to Canada, but I have no idea what beers they had.

This is my first cruise ever and I am very impressed with celebrity so far the room is amazing and the service is top notch. Hope yours is as enjoyable

Also price isn't bad we paid for the beer ahead of time but pay a "capping" fee fir each beer.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #13
rustyemerson
Recipes 

Nice. Can you believe I was working while you guys were going on beer crises? Bah.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Carnival has a new exclusive beer, Thirsty Frog. Not bad for a guy like me who doesn't like hoppy beers. Their catch phrase is "Live Thirsty". I have no clue how they got away with that (Dos Equis).

The highlight of the whole trip though was hanging out with the brewer at the Dockyard Brewery in Bermuda, the only brewery on the island. He makes an awesome porter and gave me some tips to improve mine. They sell exclusively out of two pubs on the island, one connected to the brewery. Worth the trip if anyone is in Bermuda.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
Gunner5360
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So apparently celebrity is picking 10 craft beers to carry on their newest ship and if that does well then they are going to add 50 craft beers to the whole fleet. We toured 8 different breweries/ brewpubs. Geoff, Marcy and Curtis from Alaskan brewing had a crab feed for us which was awesome. And the 4 major brewpubs in Victoria B.c. Hosted tastings for us as well. We had 4 tastings on the ship all of them featured 10-13 beers each time. I really don't know how I'm functioning today without eating or drinking something every 2 hours

Quick Reply