Beer Cocktails?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerGrrrl

Reaction score
What are your favorites?

The beer selections at the restaurant I work at are less than extraordinary because the boss obviously spends more time curating the wine list. But when the idea of beer cocktails came up in conversation he was all for it (for brunch) and said since it was in "my area" he'd let me bring in some ideas and we could try them all out.

But really I've only had beer and lemonade, which I think is delicious but I can't remember the kind of beer I was drinking with it. Other than that, have you guys had any other beer cocktails or have recipies of your own? No hard alcohol though.

Black Velvet - Stout beer and Champagne. You'll have to play around with the ratio and with the variety of stout, but I remember these being very tasty (haven't had in years, though).

A michelada can be good. It's kind of like a Mexican bloody mary. I don't have a particular recipe. I've found lots online though.

There a local bar around here who serves something called a Snakebite. It's half beer and half cider. I can't remember the exact beer but it's something English and brown.

Ravenshead said:
There a local bar around here who serves something called a Snakebite. It's half beer and half cider. I can't remember the exact beer but it's something English and brown.

The snakebite is usually guiness and hard cider. Some places also call it a black apple.

Where i work we make micheladas quite often. We use Victoria (pretty decent Mexican beer), Valentina hot sauce (I put this stuff on everything!!), tomato juice, fresh lemon and lime, salt and pepper. It's damn good!

We also make our own bloody mary mix from scratch. Can't give you that recipe but we do put Stone Smoked Porter in it.

I completely forgot about Irish Car Bombs and Flaming Dr Peppers. (Slaps forehead) If you only knew how many of those I drank in college.

There is a Cuban beer drink that is so good on a hot day. If I remember use 12oz of good Mexican beer or any other light lager, 12oz of ginger ale and a 1/3 cup of lime juice. Mix together and enjoy. We used to make this when we had people over for a bbq and everyone loved it.

Awesome, thanks guys.

Some of these sound delicious. If anything I am looking forward to expanding our beer list and giving it a little more respect!

A Mexican chain restaurant here has what they call Bulldogs. Make up a nice lime margarita and take a bottle of Corona (or Coronitta for a smaller drink) and invert it in the margarita. The beer doesn't pour out immediatley with the neck being submerged in the slush, and slowly works its way out as you drink up. A picture of it is found here: http://juliosbarrio.com/edmonton/bulldogs/

Best of luck!

Snakebite is lager and cider, not guinness and cider.

Black and tan, kilkenny with Guinness on top half and half. Or any Irish red with a stout half and half on top.

I was in south beach a few weeks ago and those bulldogs were very popular.

I know you said no hard alcohol but a capt-orona is delicious! Take a corona, drink to just below the neck and top it back off with captain morgan. could sell the captain in those little side cars that hook onto the glass.

I saw that Victory was mixing their Golden Monkey with oj to create a mimosa-esque drink. It funny because the first time I had a belgian golden strong ale I thought it to be very similar to champagne.

Way back in my college days, the University of Wisconsin Union used to serve this stuff called BB Lemon. The stuff was awful on its own - thick, sweet, lemony awfulness - but when you'd get a pitcher of that and a pitcher of Miller Lite and pour a glass of a 50/50 mix of each, it was a nice summery drink while sitting out on the lake.

The only one I have ever made was for girls in college.

Dr. Pepper
Pour 1 shot of Amaretto into cup
Pour BMC lager
Drink

It tastes just like a Dr. Pepper if you hit the ratio right. Young coeds and MILF's will down these with ease.

Not sure what qualifies as a cocktail...but here's an old favorite from my college days.

Bionic Beaver
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Southern Comfort or Brandy
2 oz Sloe gin
2 oz Gin
2 oz Grenadine
1 to 2 can Beer
1 can 7-Up
1 cup Orange juice

The recipe can vary as there isn't a really set recipe that I have ever seen. The key is the Orange juice, beer and 7-up...along with the Sloe gin and grenadine to give it a redish color. You mix it up by the pitcher, so make sure you have some friends to help when you are practicing.

Back