The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Been away but not forgotten

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
flyboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Been away but not forgotten

I just got an email saying that I haven't checked in for a while and thought I'd let it be know that I'm still alive and brewing. In fact, I'm planning on brewing a batch of Hefy this weekend. But, as those of you that know me, I have a love of flying as well. Needless to say, it eats into my paycheck as well. If you're interested on seeing the progress of the airplane I'm building in my garage, I made a website and post updates from time to time there. You can view it at http://www.lylecrane.com/airplane. I'm a web developer and not a designer so it's a sparse design. As for my brewing, I brewed a batch of cider in June and it's pretty good but real dry. I used bread yeast instead of Nottingham that I've used in the past and think that was the problem. Tastes more like wine then cider. Well, that's my life so far. Keep Brewing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1573 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 811

Glad to hear from you!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

Get some frozen cider concentrate, thaw it and then refreeze it in an ice cube tray. Add one to a pint of cider.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
Blademaker
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I got the same e mail..........I do more lurking than anything.
For someone who's supposed to be retired, I'm keeping plenty busy. Just did the knifemakers guild show in Louisville this past weekend, currently have 15 gallons in various stages, and began making ginger ale which my granddaughter says tastes horrible.

Quick Reply