Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Bands you should like, but don't.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #171
jgln
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I like the Beatles but I have to admit I never really liked what John Lennon was doing after they broke up. Paul had a couple good albums right after they broke up ( guess he had a lot to say) but then got bubble gum and all his songs were terrible, no feelings just stupid happy songs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #172
jfr1111
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by msa8967 View Post
Back in the 80's I used to enjoy listening to the Police but I am not quite sure why but I just cannot stand Sting by himself...Come to think of it I cannot stand most muscians that have just one name (or symbol) to go by.
Maybe because he is a douche of epic proportions who makes crappy pop music when left to his own devices ? Not that The Police wasn't bubblegum at times, but Fields of Gold is the anthem of dumpy 50 somethings housewives everywhere.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #173
kjung
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffny25 View Post
What I dislike is when musicians start to push political messages across. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for social change, but an entertainers job is to entertain..not to be an activist.

This is why I severely dislike Lady Gaga.
What SHOULD they sing about? You can only write so many songs about love and cars............

Quick Reply