Awolnation sail a rip off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can hear it but iono its a stretch to say he stole it.

He probably did punch it out thinking he's heard it before but couldn't remember something as obscure as Last of the Moes.

Blatant sampling is what drives pop music. Ala Katy Perry with her roar song or most of Green days hits.

I will say they sound badass together

Last edited by a moderator:
DUDE. YOU LINKED IT.

How the EFFF you can watch the mashup and not think it is directly RIPPED OFF is beyond me.
It is more spot on than it was in my mind. WTF???

;)

This is FUN!!!!

DUDE. YOU LINKED IT.

How the EFFF you can watch the mashup and not think it is directly RIPPED OFF is beyond me.
It is more spot on than it was in my mind. WTF???

;)

This is FUN!!!!

That link came after my first post, i know time is hard sometimes.

NO. As has been stated: Make whatever the hell unoriginal beer you want, just don't say it is "yours", distribute it for profit, and give no credit to the original.......which is what *****ebagnation did.

SEE?

I must agree. I just found this thread and then originally I know, played them both simultaneously and they mash up very well. I like it that wat better than the original(s).

I don't buy a straight steal. One thing that's very true in music is there are no original ideas. If one came up we'd probably all hate it.

That said the mashup is really freaking awesome. I'm downloading that and putting it on my MP3 player

Not sure of your point, "Your Woman" openly claims to be a re-work of "My woman" (or at least whatever crappy 90's band did it claims that) it would be a far better thing if awolnation said "Well, I was smoking a bunch of pot and watching last of the mohicans, when....."

BUT HE DOESN'T.

NEVER MENTIONS IT.

I have not heard this song as far as I know, and I did not read through this whole thread, but I just wanted to say that at my daughter's "Season in Review" concert (Marching Band Western Michigan University) the sousaphones did a section song cover of this song.

I did not recognize the melody, but I remember they shouted SAIL! twice during the performance.

I have not heard this song as far as I know, and I did not read through this whole thread, but I just wanted to say that at my daughter's "Season in Review" concert (Marching Band Western Michigan University) the sousaphones did a section song cover of this song.

I did not recognize the melody, but I remember they shouted SAIL! twice during the performance.

That's odd. They didn't shout "Blame it on my add" and then go into non productive disarray?

;)

Not sure of your point, "Your Woman" openly claims to be a re-work of "My woman" (or at least whatever crappy 90's band did it claims that) it would be a far better thing if awolnation said "Well, I was smoking a bunch of pot and watching last of the mohicans, when....."

BUT HE DOESN'T.

NEVER MENTIONS IT.

I guess I should have been clearer...I thought the Star Wars song was easily recognizable at the beginning of this...

Hmm... I could see the similarities right away. Good tune!

And the film looks interesting too.

AWESOME film. And like star wars, the music plays a HUGE role in making it so.....

I guess I should have been clearer...I thought the Star Wars song was easily recognizable at the beginning of this...

Hmmm.....now that is an interesting point!

SORRY! I figured you were saying "That top 10 song from the 90s borrowed this, so who cares about musical plagiarism?"

:mug:

Back