The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Austin Homebrew Supply...OUTSTANDING Customer Support!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
Cakehole
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Austin Homebrew Supply...OUTSTANDING Customer Support!!

HBT'ers,

I wanted to pass on my recent experiences with AHS so you all can have further proof of just what an outstanding organization they are.

As many of you know I am currently deployed to the Middle East and have been for the past 10 months. Forrest and AHS had a pretty darn good sale a while back and I really wanted to buy a bunch of stuff to get back into brewing. The only issue was I am over here and not home to accept the delivery and put it in a safe place. My garage is full as I am in the process of moving into a new house, so no room there to store the order.
Well, on a whim I called AHS. I spoke to a guy named Lockwyn and he was able to get approval to hold my order until I returned from my deployment.

Now this might not seem like such a big deal to you, but what it meant to me was I would still be able to buy things at the sale price and delay delivery until I got home and was able to deal with the unpacking of all my new stuff myself.

I just got an e-mail from AHS asking if I was still on schedule to come home soon and if they needed to change my delivery date. I am seriously impressed with this customer service. They contacted me to make sure my delayed shipping date was still correct!! They could have just shipped it on the scheduled date and I would have missed delivery.

Forrest, you guys definately have everything working right and I really appreciate the care I have received.

Any of you folks out the even remotely considering ordering from another company, think real hard about your choice. Forrest might charge a buck or two more than company X, but the level of customer care you will get from his guys will more than make up the difference of a couple of bucks on the price of an item.

Primary #1: Blonde Ambition Ale Primary #2: nada
Secondary #1:Cake's Stout Secondary #2: Empty
Keg: #1: Ed's Apfelwein #2: Killian's Irish Red Clone #3: Orfy's Hobgoblin II #4: Cream Soda ( for the kiddo )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
Ryanh1801

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

That is really awesome they did that for you. Great job AHB.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Great story.
But really not very surprised.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
findthefish
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Awesome story, thanks for sharing that.

Kevin

The Bruery Provisions - Homebrewing supplies and equipment.
BrewCommune - Orange County home brew club, yeast database, recipes, and forum.

On Deck: Belgian IPA
Primary: nothing
Secondary: Traditional Mead
Kegged: APA, Cream Ale, Belgian Ale, Sour Belgian, Barrel Aged RIS

Quick Reply