Atlas Shrugged (Film)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What a disaster this film was. It was like watching the production value of a Lifetime TV special. I knew it was going to be bad from the ratings but I couldn't help myself.

I think that a Robert Rodriguez / Frank Miller would have been perfect match for making this film. A dark 50's themed film noir vibe with an ensemble cast.

I've read the book twice, but intentionally avoided the bad movie. Why ruin the great images in my head with the bad movie (once you see it, you can't un-see it).

There's an old B&W of fountainhead that was not bad. I enjoyed that book as much as Atlas.

I've read the book a couple times as well however it won't ruin the book because the movie is so awful you won't get lost at all in it. It's really that bad. From terrible CGI to god awful acting.

Even the snippets of John Galt talking are comedic.

I think it could have been an excellent film with the right director. Even Curtis Hanson would have been great if he stylized it like LA Confidential.

it was one of the most garbage movies I'd seen in a long time. I'll be honest going into it I had only heard part of the pub about the movie was bad but didn't read much about it thinking that maybe it was just people trashing it b/c they didn't agree with its philosophy.

but no, it was total crap. which forced me to actually look into the book (just a read over wikipedia) and not gonna get into a debate or argument but wow. garbage too but in a differant way.

Probably shouldn't have said that at all if you wanted to avoid a discussion.

yeah I know. little to no real knowledge of the author or book other than about 30 mins on wikipedia one night saying it was crap. Reason I mentioned it though is because I wanted it to be known that I didn't see the movie because I read the book and I was a fan of it. Not that anyone cares though I know.

You almost sucked me into a going into how I felt about it and why it by the way... good job :mug:

I think we can all agree though- movie, bag of dried up dog crap.

I rented it knowing it was low budget but even still it was a disappointment. The acting was awful. Especially the girl who played Dagny, not enough confidence to be remotely convincing. I doubt they'll be able to get financed to film part 2.

Back