The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Armchair attorneys? Divorce problem...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2010, 12:52 AM   #11
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

IMO, regardless of the marital situation I think he can sue her for damages to his personal property...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 AM   #12
alcibiades
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

yeah, he can/should definitely sue her for damages on that cougar as a tort claim, but it would be a separate proceeding from the divorce one. Tell him to get a real attorney asap!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #13
lpdb185
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret86944 View Post
Miranda rights? He killed her right?
^ = awesome

Old 06-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1900 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
IMO, regardless of the marital situation I think he can sue her for damages to his personal property...
Well, I think technically it's also 50% her car, since they are married and no papers have been filed yet. I haven't seen the car to know what amount of damage has been done, but he told my wife that he had talked to the body shop and told them he would like to borrow a trailer to haul it over there and get it ready to paint... The same day he found it hammered. He was that close!

He spoke with the police and they said he can get anything he wants until papers are filed and he can even ask them to be there to make sure nobody gets hurt and as witness so that his wife can't make wild claims.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 683 Times on 485 Posts
Likes Given: 1677

Your buddy needs to get ALL his stuff out before she sets fire to it. He should also read this book Screw the Bitch: Divorce Tactics for Men I think he can read/download it for free here: http://www.kickasstorrents.com/screw...-t3354834.html
Regards, GF.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
BeerWars
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Bitches be crazy.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #17
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Brew View Post
BTW, sorry to say, and I don't care what anybody else says: these are not your kids anymore either, some other dude (or dudes) will raise them up for you, you'll just get to see them on some weekends and pay child support from now on. Get used to it and move on with your life."
Uhhhhh....

no... they are still his kids and you can't just "move on" and forget about them.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 452 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Brew View Post
BTW, sorry to say, and I don't care what anybody else says: these are not your kids anymore either, some other dude (or dudes) will raise them up for you,
Wow... I didn't know my daughter's deadbeat biological father was on this forum. That's the worst thing I've read in a very, very long time.

Last edited by ChshreCat; 06-30-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
Brewing Clamper

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
... they are still his kids and you can't just "move on" and forget about them.
+1.

Is he renting a place elsewhere? Without a legal or clear separation it's hard to establish separate property. I doubt he can get any compensation for the car being jacked up. Besides, it wasn't the golf clubs that pissed her off. It just made the situation clear to her and she blew her top. Definitely talk to a divorce lawyer that doesn't advertise in the penny saver and don't be an ass to her, regardless of her antics. Guys being dicks to soon-to-be-exes always regret it when it comes to being in front of a judge. Lastly, don't tell the kids that their mother is being unreasonable or a bitch or anything like that. The last thing you want to do is put the kids in a position where they have to choose sides. They're the ones who are really getting shafted in this deal. [/2ȼ]

--Omar

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Old 06-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #20
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1900 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 1045

We need to make one thing perfectly clear - These people are very near retirement age. The kids are full grown adults and in fact he is now living with his son's family until he can get a place.

The daughter they adopted is 13 with some mild autism and diabetes. She needs care, which I assume his wife will provide with him visiting. The "son" who lives with them is a foster child who is in process of being adopted.

Except for the car thing, she hasn't been too awful overall, just bitter and angry and what you'd expect from a woman who's husband of 38 years has suddenly (to her) left her. She's never liked the car. He got it for FREE from a guy and has put minimal money into it, as it came with nearly everything except a motor and trans, which he got from a junker for next to nothing, and it needed paint and some minor body work.

Somehow she felt threatened that he would want to occasionally spend time in the garage fixing it up. She has no clue. When her son wouldn't let her see her grandkid that evening, she made the comment, "Just because of some piece of metal?"

She had no clue what having a project like that car that he could share with me meant to him and I. To her, it was just a waste of time and money. And she couldn't see that the reason her son didn't want her to see his kid was because she was pretty unstable.

Unless she gets help she will very soon find that she has no family who will visit. She will have no shoulder to cry on. I feel bad because right now I don't feel pity for her, and I really think I should. But you know the saying, "You reap what you sow."

Quick Reply