Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anyone watching Cavemen?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #21
Evan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster
So Evan, I take it you watched Big Brother 8 this year! I admit I watche most of it with SWMBO. That one chick Amber, cried every single time she got on camera! I've seen montages on YouTue! that people have made that are juts clips of her crying!
yah, the wife watches it so I usually catch most of the eps. That bitch was horrible. I bet she made more than the winner of the show via her crying bonuses. I mean, even when she wasn't crying, she looked like she was gonna cry at any moment. People like that should have their tear ducts surgically sewn shut.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #22
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Or the great shows that get canceled. Rarely have a laughed like I laughed at Arrested Development.

Remember when Family Guy got canceled, and the online community got like 10 trillion signatures to bring them back? I dunno if anyone else remembers this, but the very first episode after they came back had this opening sequence where Peter was like "hey, maybe we'll get back on the air if all these shows get cancelled..." and then they run through the like 4 dozen shows that had been on Fox and subsequently canceled since Family Guy was last on...and then they cut the opening credits. It was a brilliant, searing jab at Fox's (and other networks') ineptness and disconnection from true quality.
Arrested Dev was excellent. I honestly thought it was some sort of marketing ploy when I found out it was getting cancelled. I liked that Family Guy bit. Too bad the show isn't what it used to be. The first season back was pretty good, but the stuff they're doing now is pretty weak.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #23
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
I liked that Family Guy bit. Too bad the show isn't what it used to be. The first season back was pretty good, but the stuff they're doing now is pretty weak.
Yeah, back then Stewies sole purpose was to kill Lois. The writers have tamed him quite a bit.

But I still love Family Guy!

I like American dad, too. It's like Family Guy, but much more political.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #24
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
Arrested Dev was excellent. I honestly thought it was some sort of marketing ploy when I found out it was getting cancelled. I liked that Family Guy bit. Too bad the show isn't what it used to be. The first season back was pretty good, but the stuff they're doing now is pretty weak.
FG is funny, but South Park hit it right on the head with their description of it as a bunch of disconnected jokes.

Seems like everything is a "Remember the time when I..." joke on FG these days.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #25
Evan!

Recipes 

Though it's not what it used to be FamGuy is still better than 99% of the rest of the junk out there on the networks. I just ordered vols 4 & 5 from Amazon.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 10-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #26
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
FG is funny, but South Park hit it right on the head with their description of it as a bunch of disconnected jokes.

Seems like everything is a "Remember the time when I..." joke on FG these days.
It's pretty much always been like that...unapologetically so. Any show could be reduced to one essence, even the great ones. Yeah, South Park did hit the nail on the head, but Family Guy is still funny (unlike some shows I know *cough cough SIMPSONS cough cough*). I rather like their series of disconnected jokes.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
.on tap | kegged:

Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #27
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

All I read was the title of this thread, but I can honestly say that I think I'd rather spend 30 minutes repeatedly slamming my nads in a car door than spend 3 minutes watching a tv show about the Geico cavemen.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #28
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster
All this "reality TV" makes me crazy. SWMBO watches it all: Survivor, Dancing With The Stars, Americas next Top Model, Big Brother, etc, etc. And she watches all the new game shows too. I can barely get in an episode of CSI or How Its Made!
It sounds like you need a dvr, TM.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #29
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
All I read was the title of this thread, but I can honestly say that I think I'd rather spend 30 minutes repeatedly slamming my nads in a car door than spend 3 minutes watching a tv show about the Geico cavemen.
Wow, really? I mean, there's a lot of unenjoyable things I'd rather be doing than watching Cavemen, but even then, slamming my boys in a car door even once has to be at the very bottom of that list. As horrible as Cavemen is, there are worse things...including but not limited to getting your nuts closed in a car door.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
.on tap | kegged:

Old 10-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #30
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 112

there is nothing worth watching on primetime tv on the big 3. Discovery channel has the best shows on tv. Fox is a given on Sunday night.

Quick Reply