Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anyone watching Cavemen?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #11
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I wanted to see the show but now I'm glad I missed it.

Cheers,
Rich

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #12
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

I had a couple laughs watching it, but I think it's gonna tank.

I myself love the Geico commercials. My buddy was going to have a halloween kegger this year, and I wanted to go as a geico Caveman (or as Ali G.)!

Old 10-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #13
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos
Geez, Evan. Maybe some coffee before posting next time?
I've had plenty of coffee this morning

Do you know how sickeningly pathetic it is that brilliant shows like Arrested Development and Freaks & Geeks get canceled, while mindless idiocy like this and "1 vs 100" and "Biggest Loser" fill the airwaves? No offense to anyone who likes any of those shows, but in the words of Gob, COME ON!

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 10-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #14
talleymonster

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!

Do you know how sickeningly pathetic it is that brilliant shows like Arrested Development and Freaks & Geeks get canceled, while mindless idiocy like this and "1 vs 100" and "Biggest Loser" fill the airwaves? No offense to anyone who likes any of those shows, but in the words of Gob, COME ON!

All this "reality TV" makes me crazy. SWMBO watches it all: Survivor, Dancing With The Stars, Americas next Top Model, Big Brother, etc, etc. And she watches all the new game shows too. I can barely get in an episode of CSI or How Its Made!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:

My boss has a brother in the TV script writing business. He's told me about several GREAT concepts for shows that his brother has pitched that were passed on. It's amazing to me to see some of the crap that gets on the air when there are some really outside-of-the-box, creative ideas out there that never get a chance.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #16
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster
All this "reality TV" makes me crazy. SWMBO watches it all: Survivor, Dancing With The Stars, Americas next Top Model, Big Brother, etc, etc. And she watches all the new game shows too. I can barely get in an episode of CSI or How Its Made!
Most people's lives are boring, so they have all these reality shows and they encourage/foster drama and conflicts so that people think that life is really like this. I am a FIRM believer that the vast majority of "reality" shows have a crying clause in the contracts with the participants. You know, every time you cry on camera, you get a $5k bonus when you leave the show. What else can explain the incessant bawling on all these shows?

.planned:
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #17
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
My boss has a brother in the TV script writing business. He's told me about several GREAT concepts for shows that his brother has pitched that were passed on. It's amazing to me to see some of the crap that gets on the air when there are some really outside-of-the-box, creative ideas out there that never get a chance.
Or the great shows that get canceled. Rarely have a laughed like I laughed at Arrested Development.

Remember when Family Guy got canceled, and the online community got like 10 trillion signatures to bring them back? I dunno if anyone else remembers this, but the very first episode after they came back had this opening sequence where Peter was like "hey, maybe we'll get back on the air if all these shows get cancelled..." and then they run through the like 4 dozen shows that had been on Fox and subsequently canceled since Family Guy was last on...and then they cut the opening credits. It was a brilliant, searing jab at Fox's (and other networks') ineptness and disconnection from true quality.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
.on tap | kegged:

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #18
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

I watched "Reaper" last night. A bit "Buffy", but pretty darn clever. Although the Devil is too nice of a guy and much of the premise doesn't make a lot of sense.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #19
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Most people's lives are boring, so they have all these reality shows and they encourage/foster drama and conflicts so that people think that life is really like this. I am a FIRM believer that the vast majority of "reality" shows have a crying clause in the contracts with the participants. You know, every time you cry on camera, you get a $5k bonus when you leave the show. What else can explain the incessant bawling on all these shows?
They look for the drama queens when casting.

There is really only one reality show I can take - Ultimate Fighter. Ya, they have some of the silly drama, but they eventually get to beat the **** out of each other. And several of the guys on the show have actually made it big in the UFC.

I also like shows like Orange County Choppers and Miami / LA Ink, but those aren't really reality shows in my book.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #20
talleymonster

Recipes 

Quote:

So Evan, I take it you watched Big Brother 8 this year! I admit I watche most of it with SWMBO. That one chick Amber, cried every single time she got on camera! I've seen montages on YouTue! that people have made that are juts clips of her crying!

Quick Reply