Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > anyone run?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
postman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Joe C Runner

Joe C

Thanks for gathering some brewing runners together. What's funny is that I'm also a former sprinter, turned short distance, turned long distance, turned marathon runner! What cool about it all is that when people tell me they can never run distance, I reply by saying that I'm a sprinter by nature, but have come to enjoy long distance running. It really is simply a controlled sprint for me. For each successive distance, I always try to run at the fastest pace that I can endure for the length of the run. It took some readjustment as the miles began to increase, but over the course of a a few years, I found out I could actually run far and maintain a solid pace. My marathon was simply an offshoot of training. It's like wow I just ran 10 miles, could I do 13??? and so on. I'd say pop a Jamil podcast in the ipod and go run for 45 minutes! Anyway, it helps release the stress from the day as well. Then have a homebrew on top of it and your day is awesome! Enjoy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 643 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 476

Try the USATF website.
USATF - Calendar - Search
But I agree with the others. You may start to enjoy distance running. It's actually a lot of fun, and in many minds, the 5K is actually a sprint!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
Joe C
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well, I found a website that appears to be a legitimate group of runners (according to track results from the USATF website), however the e-mail address is broken. I tried calling the person, with no response.

Hopefully I can find something around here.

postman - it's good to hear a former sprinter is still running. Do you tend to just do distance, or are you still getting shorter speed workouts in? If long distance is the only way I'm going to be able to compete then so be it... but I'd really like to try and give sprinting a few more shots before I'm over the athletic hill.

Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS