Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anyone listen to Clutch?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 679 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbyrd01 View Post
I did not know about that beer. That's awesome! All of us Clutch-heads should see if we can figure out the recipe.
i think it would be pretty hard to clone. it's two beers in one, so twice the effort, and who knows what they soured with.

the few people that i know who tried it said it wasn't that great. i know a few clutch-heads who bought bottles just as collector's items.

Drinking: a farmhouse with ECY08 & brett blend, wet-hopped harvest ale x 2, second runnings dark ale with vanilla
Fermenting: (nothing active)
Aging: imperial chocolate stout, sour cherry mead, oud bruin & a few other sours, acerglyn, a BDSA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #32
Lgaddy44
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcell
i think it would be pretty hard to clone. it's two beers in one, so twice the effort, and who knows what they soured with.

the few people that i know who tried it said it wasn't that great. i know a few clutch-heads who bought bottles just as collector's items.
I have to say, I bought a bottle, if nothing else, to have as a fan/collector. I would've liked to have gotten a couple, but was only lucky enough to get one.

After sitting on display a couple months, I couldn't help the urge to try it, as I do enjoy a good sour (love some Jolly Pumpkin).

I was pretty disappointed in the beer, and I hate to say, but I couldn't finish the bottle. Although I keep the empty bottle (its Clutch!?!), it pains me to say that I didn't like the beer. Love New Belgium, love Clutch, and rarely dump a beer, but this one just didn't cut it for me.

Maverick Moon Miner Brewing

Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #33
headbanger
Fast Loud Death
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 686 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1363

The new Clutch record is out in case you haven't heard it...

Sounds pretty good so far!

EDIT: It comes out on the 19th.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #34
j1laskey
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 8

The last link has been removed.....check this out though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtmDETLHIK0

The Secretion Brewery

Let's think it over and stop making sense

Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #35
wbyrd01
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What do my fellow Clutch heads think of the new album? I've been jamming on it at work today. I really like the music but the lyrics in some of the songs are almost too "smart." That's one thing I've always liked about the band, the lyrics are usually really smart and well thought out. They really tell a story. But this album they almost seem too smart, if that makes sense. And one song in particular D.C. Sound Attack! is very political, but it sounds awesome!

Overall, I really like the album. Some of the songs are very close to sounding like the Elephant Riders album (my favorite). I'm glad they got away from the bluesy stuff they've put out on the last few albums.

Let's hear your thoughts!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #36
headbanger
Fast Loud Death
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 686 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1363

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbyrd01 View Post
What do my fellow Clutch heads think of the new album? I've been jamming on it at work today. I really like the music but the lyrics in some of the songs are almost too "smart." That's one thing I've always liked about the band, the lyrics are usually really smart and well thought out. They really tell a story. But this album they almost seem too smart, if that makes sense. And one song in particular D.C. Sound Attack! is very political, but it sounds awesome!

Overall, I really like the album. Some of the songs are very close to sounding like the Elephant Riders album (my favorite). I'm glad they got away from the bluesy stuff they've put out on the last few albums.

Let's hear your thoughts!
I have yet to hear the entire record but what I've listened to so far is pretty solid. First impressions are it's definitely far from my favorite Clutch record but, like I said, haven't had the chance to give it a few spins yet.

Transnational Speedway League will probably always be my favorite. I agree on the bluesy stuff, wasn't working well for them at all although I really did like Blast Tyrant quite a bit.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #37
Lgaddy44
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think this is some of the best they've put out in a while. My "go to", for the past couple years has been Robot Hive: Exodus, and Beale Street has a bunch of great songs, also. I was a little disappointed in Strange Cousins, but Earth Rocker....wow! The music is solid, and the more I listen, the more I like Neil's vocals on each track. Great guitars, awesome bass lines, and the drums....c'mon, its effing JP!

I don't listen to much new music out there, but if someone wants to bring rock back, I think this album makes a strong case.

To me, Clutch had gotten away from a typical rock format, over the years. I love what they've done, and they're truly in a league of their own, blazing their own path in music, unconcerned with what trends may be popular. I think this CD gives you a punch in the face, "We still know how to throw down", kind of vibe. It's totally worth listening to.

Can't wait to see them on 4/20!

Maverick Moon Miner Brewing

Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #38
Donzi79
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Big fan of Clutch, seen them in Detroit a few months back, awesome show. My faves are Pure Rock Fury and Jam Room, I play bass and appreciate the groove Maines and JP put out.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #39
lowtones84
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Add another Clutch fan. I sort of lost interest after Blast Tyrant but I never really turned away. I have seen them live I think 4 times, always a great show! Perhaps their new album can spark my interest once again.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #40
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 679 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Interview with Neil Fallon of Clutch – Nerdom, Beer, and Children’s Books
http://kssunews.wordpress.com/2013/0...ildrens-books/

i've already pointed out their creek/kriek error, my comment is awaiting moderation.

Drinking: a farmhouse with ECY08 & brett blend, wet-hopped harvest ale x 2, second runnings dark ale with vanilla
Fermenting: (nothing active)
Aging: imperial chocolate stout, sour cherry mead, oud bruin & a few other sours, acerglyn, a BDSA

Quick Reply