Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anyone have luck challenging traffic tickets?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 AM   #1
BuffaloSabresBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Anyone have luck challenging traffic tickets?

I have a driving out of class ticket with my court date approaching. Looking forward to challenging it. Anyone have any good success stories?

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6328 Times on 5484 Posts
Likes Given: 850

I got charged with cruising back in high school. Told the judge that the "anti-crusing sign" didn't define what cruising was in that town. And that in the town I was from defined cruising on their signs, and I thought that was their town's definition.

But, this probably doesn't help your case any...

Old 11-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #3
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Actually Im all set just wondered if anybody on here had some good stories.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6328 Times on 5484 Posts
Likes Given: 850

I forgot the best part of my story - when the cop pulled me over and asked what I was doing, I said: "just crusing around"

But I did get off with a warning from the judge who I then called "sir" instead of "your honor" -- ah yes, 16 and cruising on Mill Ave!!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
MikeInCtown
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Pray the cop doesn't show up for court. If you see him show up, find out from the prosecutor if you could plead down to a lesser, non moving type offense. That's what I did when I got my last ticket. Of course, I had done nothing wrong.

Bottled - Continental Pilsner, Island Mist Mango Citrus, Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz
Up next - AH Foster's clone, Labatt's clone, Hard Apple Cider,
The Independence Street Brew House

Old 12-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #6
PT934
Recipes 

135mph in a 50 mph, passing 2 lanes of traffic through an intersection... Didnt know he was chasing me fro 3 miles when the guys he called ahead to blocked the road on me. Luckily the trooper shot a guy 9 times a couple days later, I pleaded innocent and the DA told me he would drop the case if I donated $300 to charity as everyone thought the trooper was crazy now. Best $300 I ever spent. I was cited for CNN, reckless endangerment and excessive speed. Got off with nothing on my record.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #7
goodgreener
Recipes 

Delay is the guilty defense. Find out how to get a continuance and file for as many as you can on the last day you can. You can usually do this about three times. When you can't continue it anymore, show up on the date. Often, after a traffic court date is delayed this long, the officer will not show up. When you finally go in, you will probably have a chance to speak with the prosecutor. Don't whine. In this order are your best choices: First, ask them to drop the charges, give them a good reason; Second, ask for this to not be reported to insurers; Third, ask for a reduced fine; Fourth, ask about any court programs that can achieve any of the things you asked about--driving school, a class (etc); Fifth, plead Nolo contendere. Never plead guilty.

*Don't take this as legal advice, if you would like legal advice, contact a licensed attorney in your state.

Damn man, I wish I had time to work.
-Sherwood Anderson

Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 AM   #8
Parker36
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I got a 40 in a school zone thrown out when I was like 17. That was fun. I saw Bobby Brown at the courthouse. Poor Bobby Brown and his illegitimate childrens

Old 12-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #9
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 9

When I was in school (undergrad), I was at a red light turning right. The light turned green and I turned. A bunch of us got flagged down for turning right on green, there was a sign that said "Right on Green Arrow Only." Stupid. My inspection was out of date as well. Would have been nearly $400. Our school had a lawyer that someone told me I should call. Called, he said "No problem, I will represent you," charged me $100.

I did not even have to show up and he ended up pleading no contest to a seat belt violation for me. That was a $25 fine and not a moving violation (will not affect insurance, etc.).

This all happened in New Orleans, and since then they have replaced all those no-turn traps with red/green arrows. I am still not sure if the lawyer was just friends with the DA or if I could have done the same, but i was out of town for the summer and it worked.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #10
Duckfoot
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Rear ended a sheriff's deputy in a drizzling rain storm... Luckily he hit the car in front of him and so on until there were 5 cars involved... Nothing damaged, just a bumper-love tap... Apparently the sergeant on duty didn't want to fill out THAT report and I walked away w/o even a written warning...

On deck : DFB Triple Black Death By Chocolate Stout
Primary: Notta...
Secondary: 21 Year Mead...
Kegged : DFB Belgian Pale, DFB Brown, DFB Belgian Dark Strong, DFB Cider...
------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Non-Alcoholic beer is like going down on your cousin, it might taste the same but it just ain’t right!

Quick Reply