Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > anyone else as not excited for tonight's game as i?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1075 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Default anyone else as not excited for tonight's game as i?

ok, i'll probably get a lot of $h!t for this, but i'm wondering: are there others out there who're less than excited for tonight's Super Bowl? anyone who would've liked to see a game with a good story line? like Harbaugh Bowl II? or the upstart Niners taking on the tired ol' Pats? or anything other than New Jersey (sorry NY, but Jersey's Jersey) vs. Boston?
i'm not knocking either team, they're obviously both great. but i really can't find the excitement in this game. i'm not crying cuz my team didn't make it, their season was put to rest mid season when most of the gears that made the offense tick went down with season ending injuries in a matter of a few weeks. i'm actually happy that the Packer's were exposed and eliminated from the playoffs. i'm thrilled that the Ain'ts ain't there this year. that said, i could go the rest of my life w/o seeing the Brady bunch in February again, and probably be better for it.
i guess what many folks see as a 'rematch', i'm seeing as a 'rerun'. even the ESPN coverage i have on the TV seems pedantic. Ditka looks like he'd rather be having another bypass surgery than spending this Sunday morning talking to Key, Cris and JR about who does what and why that'll win the game. i mean, c'mon, their highlighted talking point this morning is about Tim Tebow, a guy who has nothing to do with the Super Bowl and likely never will.
ok, my rant is over, and with all that said, i'll still be watching the game tonight, but i sure am glad that i have some things to do around the house while it's on.... sports are s'posed to be exciting, and again this year's highlight will probably be the commercials. hey who know's, Pitbull performed last night, maybe there's some hope for this event yet.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
DeafSmith
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 9

There's some kind of a game tonight ?

Old 02-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Gduck
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm with you. This is one of the least interesting matchups I've seen in awhile. I don't care much who wins and just can't get excited for it. I'm sure I'll watch it though on the off chance something truly epic does happen, but I have a feeling I'll just end up drinking a little too much and falling asleep during half time.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
McGarnigle
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 11

The first matchup between these teams was more epic with the Pats trying to go 19-0. But this one doesn't strike me as bad. Nothing special, but more interesting to me than some previous (Pittsburgh-Seattle, Chicago-Indy). Of course if your team is in it, it chafes everything.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
lamppa
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I keep forgetting its today. I dont watch any sports and could care less about any game. I will, however, watch the halftime show if I am in front of the tv at the correct timing.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

well, it's nice to know i'm not alone in this one. Gduck, i have about the same sentiment as you, it'll be on TV, but i'll surely be focused on drinking some homebrew and vegging in my recliner. i may even take the time to clear out the back of my garage, we're continuing a build tomorrow to finish it off and use the back half as the brewery. ventilation and the last of the insulation and drywall goes up tomorrow.
lamppa, i'm a sports fan, and i still couldn't care less about tonight's game. i'm hoping there's a good hockey game to occupy the TV set tonight. i'll pay attention to the Bowl, but hopefully there's another option.
McGarnigle, yeah, this one's just blah. pretty much the had the same feeling about pitt-sea too. being a Bears fan, the Chi-Indy matchup was just plain heartbreaking. hopefully something historic or just a great story line will come of tonight's game. without that factor, i'd have to think this may go down as on of those Super Bowl's people look back on and say 'meh...'.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
tim2akat2
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There's a football game on tonight???

Old 02-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2akat2 View Post
There's a football game on tonight???
right!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
Rivenin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 177 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 103

i'm in the same boat. i'm sitting down to watch it after work 'cuz it's just a tradition in my family.
The girlfriend bought some super bowl snacks (wings, mac salad etc) and myself and her son are going to sit down and watch the game. hopefully teach him a bit about football (i've tried before, but he just is NOT that interested lol).
We did get some expensive root beer for him to sip on as i sip on my beer.

Did the same kinda thing last night, SWMBO and her daughter went to the bedroom for a girls night (nail painting, face masks etc) while her son and i stayed in the front room, did an extract batch on the stove, played games and ate pizza lol. was pretty fun!

Coming up Porter
Electric 120v Brutus 20

Old 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenin View Post
i'm in the same boat. i'm sitting down to watch it after work 'cuz it's just a tradition in my family.
The girlfriend bought some super bowl snacks (wings, mac salad etc) and myself and her son are going to sit down and watch the game. hopefully teach him a bit about football (i've tried before, but he just is NOT that interested lol).
We did get some expensive root beer for him to sip on as i sip on my beer.

Did the same kinda thing last night, SWMBO and her daughter went to the bedroom for a girls night (nail painting, face masks etc) while her son and i stayed in the front room, did an extract batch on the stove, played games and ate pizza lol. was pretty fun!
yeah, i plan to hang out with my step sons a bit tonight, too. neither of whom are big sports fans, other than my older one being a NY Rangers fan (no clue, must be teenage rebellion. this is a 'Hawks family ) he's got a keg of Sprecher he can share with his brother, and maybe we'll end up putting a batch of soda together or something. really, at this point, most things sound more exiting than tonight's game.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply