The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anyone else excited for Spring Training?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #31
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Hard to get excited here. The Rockies are a perennial 100 loss team. The ownership insists on doing everything cheap. Their fan base has dropped by half because of their bone headed management style. They had a good thing going and blew it.
But you know.... Spring training is a good sign. Spring is just around the corner.
Good to know because it is about 12 degrees outside right now!

Cheers,
Rich

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #32
Boston

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Barry Bonds indicated that he will retire after the '06 season. I say GOOD RIDDANCE. He's just a juiced-up, arrogant assclown.
Jeff

Old 02-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #33
Capa
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Wow, cant believe i missed this thread! I look forward to spring training more than any other time of the year. Though my Reds havent been contenders in quite some time i always get over excited since they usually start the season pretty good then fall off the globe. O well, maybe with the new owners we can finally right this sinking ship. I also enjoy going to my local Dayton Dragons games. They are a Reds Single A farm team that usaully does fairly well. Sometimes I think I'd rather go to a Dragons game than Reds, they just seem a whole lot more fun.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:12 AM   #34
Beer Snob

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Sports....

Hmmm.... generally I find sports kinda dull. However if I am there watching it live I seem to like it more. A friend took me to Chicaogo Wolves games. He was friends with the manager so we were always 3 inches from the glass. Things get a bit messy when your 3 inches from the glass. Hockey is a violent sport. The college I was at was big with Rugby. Another very violent sport.

For some reason I realy enjoyed car racing. Someone took me to a race track some years ago. It was not like NASCARR or something like that. It wa a small track, but I had a lot of fun. Was loud though. My wife did not care for the noise and I turned my aids off I am 3 miles from a Horse race track, but have never gone there. I have always wanted to goto a demolision derby or monster truck place, but have never gone.

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat

Quick Reply