Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anybody up for a riddle?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #511
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LabRatBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 2,473
Liked 818 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

Default

I am sorry but this there is no rhyme this time:
The paragraph below is very unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it?
"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby , walking towards that group, saw a youg girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "
The above passage is allegedly taken from the book "Gatsby" written by Ernest Vincent Wright in the late 1930s.

__________________
LabRatBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #512
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 18,891
Liked 3332 Times on 2064 Posts
Likes Given: 2835

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer View Post
I am sorry but this there is no rhyme this time:
The paragraph below is very unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it?
"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby , walking towards that group, saw a youg girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "
The above passage is allegedly taken from the book "Gatsby" written by Ernest Vincent Wright in the late 1930s.
Highlight the box below for answer. Spoiler for those wanting to figure it out for themselves.

--------------
| Gee, no e. |
--------------
__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #513
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LabRatBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 2,473
Liked 818 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

Default

Correct passedpawn, I like how you hide the spoil
deep beneath the virtual soil

__________________
LabRatBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #514
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 18,891
Liked 3332 Times on 2064 Posts
Likes Given: 2835

Default

A cloth of threads
on poster beds

A beery tribute
we all contribute

It's part of HaBiT
But I can't Grab It

What is this thing
that I'm perusing?

__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #515
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 6,240
Liked 1910 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 2742

Default

Passedpawn any chance of a hint?
Is it three words, none of them lint?
If it is, maybe I figured out two,
Of the answer for this thing you pursue.

__________________
Dan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #516
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LabRatBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 2,473
Liked 818 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

Default

I have an answer but I don't you how you concealed it
I'd like to answer without a Trace
Like my panties its made of _______.

__________________
LabRatBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #517
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 18,891
Liked 3332 Times on 2064 Posts
Likes Given: 2835

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Passedpawn any chance of a hint?
Is it three words, none of them lint?
If it is, maybe I figured out two,
Of the answer for this thing you pursue.
Dan, the man, the riddle dancer,
Look closely now, you'll see at the answer.

3 words I guess if you spread them abreast.
__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #518
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 18,891
Liked 3332 Times on 2064 Posts
Likes Given: 2835

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer View Post
I have an answer but I don't you how you concealed it
I'd like to answer without a Trace
Like my panties its made of _______.
wrong
dong
__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #519
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 6,240
Liked 1910 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 2742

Default

Either this riddles real simple
And answered in the middle
Or I'm quite wrong
And get donged

So I'll just fake
The answer I state
Maybe "HomeBrewTalk"
That's outta the box.


EDIT Home Brew Town!

__________________
Dan is offline
LabRatBrewer Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #520
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 18,891
Liked 3332 Times on 2064 Posts
Likes Given: 2835

Default

It's part of HaBiT!

Dan's the man nabbed it!

(dumb I know)

__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
bottlebomber Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools