The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anybody see U of L??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1507 Times on 1157 Posts
Likes Given: 2710

Don't feel bad, I had U of L going out the second game!

*winning your bracket........$60.

U of L versus U of K in the final four.......priceless.*

Screw my bracket, you can feel electricity in the air here.

For the first time IN MY LIFE......saw a guy this morning with a U of K sweatshirt on (not a hoodie thank god, but I had my 9mm cocked anyways) AND A U of L HAT!!!!!!!

It is awesome for everyone right now.....but there will be blood.

Louisville is the number 1 TV ratings market for ncaa basketball on a normal day. The 31st will be RIDICULOUS.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!

- a very......very.....druck Zul'jin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
cperry7467
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm a die hard UofL fan. I did one fun bracket where I have them winning it all. It's doing ok but I hate UK and them losing to IU so that screwed me pretty good. Should be a slow scrappy ugly game, only way the cards are going to win. I'm crossing my fingers, UK is our biggest rival and the year round trash talk is about to go to an all time high.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cperry7467 View Post
I'm a die hard UofL fan. I did one fun bracket where I have them winning it all. It's doing ok but I hate UK and them losing to IU so that screwed me pretty good. Should be a slow scrappy ugly game, only way the cards are going to win. I'm crossing my fingers, UK is our biggest rival and the year round trash talk is about to go to an all time high.
I had IU taking out U of K too. We weren't exactly wrong.....90 points and lose????? lol.

I think the rivalry trash talk goes U of L's way. Rivalry is the only way an "all bets off" situation can materialize.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
cperry7467
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Seriously... That game was nuts. Yea I really think UofL has a good shot and the rivalry plays into that. Should be an insane environment!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #15
Henry22
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

UK is by far the best team in the country and while Louisville will definitely be a challenge as they are playing their best ball of the year I think UK is just too good. I think UNC is the only team that could match them but that is a healthy UNC team. I think it will be OSU KY final with Kentucky winning it all.

Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will probably be the #1 and #2 NBA draft picks and they are the 5 and 4 shot takers respectively. That is absurd. Kentucky is just too good both offensively and defensively. They would have to have a very off night to lose. Can't wait for Saturday.

Go Cats!

Primary: Empty, soon to be Citra IPA
Drinking: Westbrook One Claw Rye PA and IPA, Anderson Valley Hop Ottin'

Old 03-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Parity does not exist.

Who would guess that Mich st would be suffocated by U of L. As has been said "they looked tired" that is what happens when you get suffocated.

I am not saying U of L WILL WIN. I am saying....all bets are off.

If U of K is suffocateable, U of L will do it.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
Henry22
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3
Parity does not exist.

Who would guess that Mich st would be suffocated by U of L. As has been said "they looked tired" that is what happens when you get suffocated.

I am not saying U of L WILL WIN. I am saying....all bets are off.

If U of K is suffocateable, U of L will do it.
UKs offense is number 1, defense is 12 I think. Louisville defense is number 1, not sure of their offense.

Edit: Was thinking of a situation where UK would lose and its pretty simply, they shoot way below average (35% or less) and get into foul trouble. That could allow Louisville to win. I was curious and went back and looked at the Dec 31st game. Well that's exactly what happened. All starters had at least 3 fouls and Teague fouled out. They also shot 29% and 18% from the 3 and still won and this UK team is very very different from that game.

Granted so is Louisville and their tournament run is very admirable but I don't think their chances are very good. UK is very athletic and has too many weapons.

Primary: Empty, soon to be Citra IPA
Drinking: Westbrook One Claw Rye PA and IPA, Anderson Valley Hop Ottin'

Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Conan
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Go Cards! We have them going to the final game against Kansas....and losing. I can't wait for Saturday- it'll be one of the most fun games to watch, I think. Kyle

Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #19
cperry7467
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If Lehigh can beat Duke... If Norfolk St can beat Mizzou... anybody can beat anybody on any given night. Louisville can beat KY and the pressure is all on KY. A bunch of freshman, though talented, have the pressure of the state/nation on them to win the national title. I mean the expectation from the beginning of the tournament was that they SHOULD win. The #1 and #2 pick plus some other first rounders, there's no excuse not to win. Over the next week every article will talk about how KY WILL win the national title, they're just too good and unbeatable. But that's a lot of pressure, these guys are going to be nervous. I'll give them credit, great composure so far, but Louisville is a chaotic team that can really get you out of whack. There's zero pressure on Louisville at this point, they've exceeded expectations. Hell most of the fans weren't sure if they'd make the tourney mid way through the year so to be in the final four is a great accomplishment and even if they lose they can go home proud.... But the pressure is on UK. If they don't win a national championship with this team... Calipari is a failure and the freshman choked.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

That is my take cperry.

When going for broke, anyone can exceed their own records. In addition, U of L has an uncanny ability to play up to whoever they are playing, which in an "all bets are off" situation, works to their advantage. (in less awesome situations, it also sometimes results in a head scratching loss to an inferior opponent it isn't always magical)

Quick Reply