Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Any UFC Fans Out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #11
Neomich
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I've been a fan since you had to catch it on the internet since it wasn't allowed in almost any state. I've seen the sport really start to blossom at one point with some top grade talent. I think the sport is declining lately as far as the talent goes. Couture, Hughes, Milititch, the Gracies, etc... those were the good days.

I'm excited to see the popularity of it among the young fighters today. I just really hope they can stay focused on the sport and their fights. They're having UFC 105 and 106 only a week apart in November, what's the point really? Probably contract restrictions on sharing the main event I bet. Just get out there and fight, make your $ and get ready to fight again.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
cercueil
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I definitely agree with you guys with the price..I bought 1 so far but at $50 it really is ridiculous. The UFC fight night's and WEC free events (tomorrow night is Cerrone vs. Henderson) are great but they are so far apart. The main events are like several months apart. With so many fighters can't they put at least the new guys on once a month and then the main event that you have to pay for. At least it will give us something to watch for free. It supposedly the fastest growing sport in the world but how can you build a fan base by putting it on PPV?

Up Next
Oaked IPA?

Old 10-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
Soperbrew
Who rated my beer?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I see the fights live anytime I want to by hitting the local sports bar. Several bars around here show them and don't charge anything. Don't wanna shell out $50 and still want to see the matches, just go to the bar.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
ElPresidente77
Recipes 

I've been watching since my dad brought home the first 3 on vhs back in 1994.

BOLD predictions.
Shogun beats Machida. Shogun is a veteran fighter who if you have only seen his fights in the UFC, I highly suggest you go watch his pride fights (most of which can be found on youtube). If he understands that you can't wade in on machida or chase him around. you cut the octagon off and make him move to your power hand. Noone's ever really hit machida and I think if Shogun gets in close, clinches with him and makes him fight his game....Lights out dragon.

Lesnar gets KTFO'D by Carwin. Carwin is the only man with gloves bigger than lesnar. He's also an accomplished wrestler. You saw Cotour nutralize lesnar's wrestling so you know it can be done. Oh, and Carwin hits much, much harder.

Being from chicago I also have tickets to the Fedor fight in November. Fedor has never fought in America nor has he fought in a cage. I just peed myself in anticipation.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
JoeMama
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPresidente77 View Post
I've been watching since my dad brought home the first 3 on vhs back in 1994.

BOLD predictions.
Shogun beats Machida. Shogun is a veteran fighter who if you have only seen his fights in the UFC, I highly suggest you go watch his pride fights (most of which can be found on youtube). If he understands that you can't wade in on machida or chase him around. you cut the octagon off and make him move to your power hand. Noone's ever really hit machida and I think if Shogun gets in close, clinches with him and makes him fight his game....Lights out dragon.
Im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Shogun is the man, but for some odd reason, very few of the Pride vets have had any long term success rates. (Except Anderson) Machida is going to pick Rua apart and end up decisioning him (as we all have seem to forgotten that he is has done quite often) Many a folk have been excited about Machida as of late because of his spectacular wins. But I think he is going to use the Machida of old strategy and just outpoint his opponent. Rua is way too dangerous not to.
Quote:
Lesnar gets KTFO'D by Carwin. Carwin is the only man with gloves bigger than lesnar. He's also an accomplished wrestler. You saw Cotour nutralize lesnar's wrestling so you know it can be done. Oh, and Carwin hits much, much harder.
I agree and I wholeheartedly hope this scenario plays out. I am SO not a Brock Fan. Although he has had some impressive wins as of late.

Quote:
Being from chicago I also have tickets to the Fedor fight in November. Fedor has never fought in America nor has he fought in a cage. I just peed myself in anticipation.
Im not a huge Fedor fan, but I cant deny is record and who hes beat.
I guess I am kind of an anti-Fedor fan. I like to watch, in hopes that he gets knocked off of his throne. But he always pulls off the (W) so you gotta respect him in that sense. (Kinda like Rashad was)
-Me

Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Liked 2751 Times on 2702 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I absolutely despise the UFC. I'm so sick of seeing all the dumbasses around town with the TapOut shirts and **** thinking they can fight and everything.

TapOut is the new Get'R'Done for hillbillies

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 10-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
ElPresidente77
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I absolutely despise the UFC. I'm so sick of seeing all the dumbasses around town with the TapOut shirts and **** thinking they can fight and everything.

TapOut is the new Get'R'Done for hillbillies
Those people aren't UFC fans. They're douchebags. There will always be douchebags that try and ruin things for the rest of us. If you don't like UFC. That's fine. It's not for everyone. But don't discredit it just because the tools like to wear tapout or affliction or whatever the next new hot brand is.

Fighters are REAL athletes. Athletics and sports are always about competition and who is the better at their particular skill and from that perspective I find it a much more impressive feat to dominate another human being than it is so show how far you can throw, how fast you can run or how high you can jump.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
ElPresidente77
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
Im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Shogun is the man, but for some odd reason, very few of the Pride vets have had any long term success rates. (Except Anderson) Machida is going to pick Rua apart and end up decisioning him (as we all have seem to forgotten that he is has done quite often) Many a folk have been excited about Machida as of late because of his spectacular wins. But I think he is going to use the Machida of old strategy and just outpoint his opponent. Rua is way too dangerous not to.
But the catch here is, Machida has never gone 5 rounds in a fight. I don't think the Machida evade strategy can keep him in a fight for 5 rounds. Eventually he'll have to engage. Then he'll be in a real fight. In a real fight, shogun wins.

But as we know anything can happen.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Liked 2751 Times on 2702 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPresidente77 View Post
Those people aren't UFC fans. They're douchebags. There will always be douchebags that try and ruin things for the rest of us. If you don't like UFC. That's fine. It's not for everyone. But don't discredit it just because the tools like to wear tapout or affliction or whatever the next new hot brand is.

Fighters are REAL athletes. Athletics and sports are always about competition and who is the better at their particular skill and from that perspective I find it a much more impressive feat to dominate another human being than it is so show how far you can throw, how fast you can run or how high you can jump.
I don't doubt they're real athletes. Just hate the DB's that think they're fighters. It's no worse than when Fast N The Furious came out. Same DB's driving around 20 year old honda's with rust holes and giant wings.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #20
ElPresidente77
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I don't doubt they're real athletes. Just hate the DB's that think they're fighters. It's no worse than when Fast N The Furious came out. Same DB's driving around 20 year old honda's with rust holes and giant wings.
I think we all hate those guys. But why do you let them have an effect on your feelings toward ufc (or anything else idiots tend to latch onto)?

Quick Reply