Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Any NASCAR fans?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 01:54 AM   #111
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
Besides, I don't think the racing is all that good there. But, that's just my opinion.
Lately it hasn't been, that's for sure, at least at the fall race. But hope springs eternal and I go to the shorttrack a lot more, anyways.
Quote:
I think these guys are going to be back in Charlotte this fall. I'm going to try to go. I watched it on Speed last year and it looked like some good racing.
Aren't they having a full weekend at the dirttrack? Should be worthwhile.

Between that, the cup races, and now the dragstrip, I'd be about broke if I lived closer than 3 hrs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #112
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 572 Times on 337 Posts
Likes Given: 208

Default Daytona 500 - 2009

Well, it was a fun race to watch...though the ending was kind of like kissing your sister.

Kyle Bush looked great until he got caught up in Junior's dumb@ss move.

Lagano had a pretty good run. 18 friggin years old and racing at Daytona. My guess is a few more years on the circuit, and he'd have been able to avoid that wreck.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #113
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 112

It was nice to see them back on the track. I'll agree that was a dumb @ss move buy Junior. But Vickers move to block him wasn't that much brighter. I'm glad the first signs of spring are here.

What's your hobby Ray? Drinkin. Want a beer Buddy?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #114
kornbread
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm beginning to hate restrictor plate races. I takes a team effort to pass. And the only way to avoid being passed is to block. I can't wait til Martinsville & Bristol. That's real racing.

I think what made the JR. move so bone-headed is that he did it while both he and Vickers were a lap down and in front of the field full of good cars that had legitimate chances to win. And it was in the middle of the race. I mean if you are going to punt a guy that's blocking, then do it on the last turn of the last lap going for the win.

But, I'm sure their will be payback before the season is over. And when it happens the beer cans will rain down from the stands...

Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #115
Carrion
Recipes 

NASCAR is my sport. Yep just wait for the paybacks. I was gald to see Kenseth win. That's the SWMBO's driver. I watched all 3 races. The Bud Shootout. Trucks are always great.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...

Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #116
Marko73
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am HUGE Nascar fan and being in MA I feel so ALONE! My dad took me to the Daytona 500 in 85 when Bill Elliot won and I have been hooked ever since.

Crazy stat of the night for me was that Roush never had a winner at Daytona until last night. When I thought about it, it made sense, but I guess you just 'assume' he had won there before. I think he will have a lot more wins there in the future.

Looking forward to what I think will be a great season.

"It is sheer folly to be taken by the hand and led down the path of better brewing by someone who says that they know it all. No, it is your experience that counts most. It is your experience that will always lead you to more questions."

~Charlie Papazian

Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 AM   #117
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 572 Times on 337 Posts
Likes Given: 208

Yeah, nothing goes better with a brew session on cold winters days like a truck race, a nationwide or a sprint cup race. Towards the later summer days I drift away cuz the pool's open and it's BBQ season.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 02-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #118
RICLARK

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
I'm beginning to hate restrictor plate races. I takes a team effort to pass. And the only way to avoid being passed is to block. I can't wait til Martinsville & Bristol. That's real racing.

I think what made the JR. move so bone-headed is that he did it while both he and Vickers were a lap down and in front of the field full of good cars that had legitimate chances to win. And it was in the middle of the race. I mean if you are going to punt a guy that's blocking, then do it on the last turn of the last lap going for the win.

But, I'm sure their will be payback before the season is over. And when it happens the beer cans will rain down from the stands...
Im not saying what Little E did was right, however They were both racing for the lucky dog and they both knew that rain was coming. They did not know that the race was going to be rained out so they were fighting to be on the lead lap if it was just a delay. It was just a stupid move on both parts and the best car of the day was taken out because of it.

Kegged/Bottled: Boston Lager Clone, Crimson Ale, Guiness Draught Clone, Kilt Warmer Scotch Ale, BBB Blonde Ale, Oberon Clone Pt. 1,000

Do I Look Like A Man.....With A Plan??

Local Home Brew Store

www.theredsalamander.com

Old 02-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #119
Marko73
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They were both wrong. When you are a lap down and up near the leaders at a plate race, you don't race aggressively.

Jr. said that he had a run on him and Vickers should have let him go. He's right.

Vickers said that Jr. didn't race him clean coming back up the track and that was wrong and dangerous too. He's right.

I doubt that Dale had thoughts of the 2006 Talladega race, but I am sure their racing is going to get interesting.

"It is sheer folly to be taken by the hand and led down the path of better brewing by someone who says that they know it all. No, it is your experience that counts most. It is your experience that will always lead you to more questions."

~Charlie Papazian

Quick Reply