Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Any Harmony One owners on tha' bier web?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1020 Times on 680 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I've been out of the loop on these for a while. Do they have any model that is both RF and bluetooth for PS3? The RF is because my Denon receiver has a horrible IR reception cone and I'd rather not have to use an IR bouncer. I guess the most important thing would be blutooth for the PS3 because I just can't get the wife to learn how to control it with the dualshock.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4829 Times on 4432 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
I've been out of the loop on these for a while. Do they have any model that is both RF and bluetooth for PS3? The RF is because my Denon receiver has a horrible IR reception cone and I'd rather not have to use an IR bouncer. I guess the most important thing would be blutooth for the PS3 because I just can't get the wife to learn how to control it with the dualshock.
The 890 is RF and IR but I don't know of any remotes that support Bluetooth. Not saying they don't exist I just don't know of one. You might consider looking at the Phillips Pronto remote to see if it has native support for the PS3. I doubt it does (stupid Sony with their bluetooth).

At the least you could go with a Harmony remote of your liking (I suggested the 890 becasue it has the functionality and RF) and add to that one of these;

IR2BT Infrared-to-Bluetooth converter now on sale, PS3 owners rejoice - Engadget

An IR to Bluetooth converter but, problem is, that you'd have to have some codes to teach the remote (it is a learning remote but, again, it doesn't speak Bluetooth) and I am just not sure how you'd get them. Maybe Sony would help. Do you speak Japanese?

Maybe even try talking to Logitech.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1020 Times on 680 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I'm thinking that Logitech would do the market research and realize how many PS3s have been sold to people who primarily bought it as a BD player (like me). I know I'd pay and extra $25 for a universal that includes a blutooth transmitter in it. Waiting patiently... with my end table full of remotes. I do have a universal RF but I never found it to have the flexibility that allows me to replace my dishnetwork remote. All I use it for now is to power up the projector and HT receiver and control the sources and volume. Then I use the dish remote for channels and the PS3 controller for BD control. Not only that but my Denon doesn't do HDMI switching so I also need to hit the source buttons on the projector remote because I don't have any more learned button space on my older universal remote. Annoying.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply