Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Any gun owners here?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #41
45_70sharps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

I think the AK and SKS market is up again.
I think my brother was saying the prices are where he's thinking about selling some of his spares.
Not an AK / SKS guy myself. Not really into military rifles newer than an M1 Garand other than my one AR and I would trade my A2 target version for a good A1 like I had handed to me when I was a much younger man.
The A1 is cool with it's triangular hand guards, lighter build with more basis sights and no brass deflector.

For a cool military gun though, I love my 1884 trapdoor and want to shoot a deer with it.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #42
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
I think the AK and SKS market is up again.
I think my brother was saying the prices are where he's thinking about selling some of his spares.
Not an AK / SKS guy myself. Not really into military rifles newer than an M1 Garand other than my one AR and I would trade my A2 target version for a good A1 like I had handed to me when I was a much younger man.
The A1 is cool with it's triangular hand guards, lighter build with more basis sights and no brass deflector.

For a cool military gun though, I love my 1884 trapdoor and want to shoot a deer with it.
Saw an Original A1 upper at a gun show last fall. Think he wanted $800 for it with no bolt carrier.

AKs and SKS's seem to be up here as well. Or rather, after the last scare, they never came back down in price.

As for the OP, yeah, there are a few gun owners here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #43
ArkansasRazorbacks
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Went to buy an ar or ak and price too high. Leave it up to a homebrewer to be creative though, right? I present to you what I'm working on now. I've ordered all the parts you see (stock, rails, bipod, foregrip, etc) and should have it all put together in the next few weeks...

Before
image-518254104.jpg

Soon (photoshopped all my parts on):
image-329548945.jpg

Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #44
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Well, I sold my SKS's on xmas eve day. That same day (at the FFL due to the buyer being from MA) I scored a pair of stripped AR15 lowers (synthetic). Wednesday I sold one of my camera lenses (wasn't using it, and the funds would go to better use) for a good amount (close to what I bought it for). Today I was able to score an DPMS AR15. Price was reasonable too. Pretty much the same as before all this madness started. Came with two mag's and picked up another pair (all 30 round, and legal in NH). Only got two boxes of ammo (20 rounds each) though. Hope to score some more of that soon. Just a few more tweaks, and it will pretty much be where I want it to be.

Now we just need to stop the Oblama madness that he wants to push through (sounds like he's going to do it even if both houses don't pass it). Isn't that, basically, being a dictator?

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #45
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasRazorbacks View Post
Went to buy an ar or ak and price too high.

Before
Attachment 93507

Soon (photoshopped all my parts on):
Attachment 93508
Not to hate, but the OG look with the wood stock is WAY cooler on those carbines. The synthetic stock and all the "Tacti-cool" stuff just looks gay on those classic guns. So my vote is no. Don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Well, I sold my SKS's

being a dictator?
What did you get for the SKS? I went to the gun-show here right before christmas and wanted to puke at the prices I saw. I walked out with a cotton Irish Erin Go Braugh Civil War Flag and 2 boxes of 9mm ammo. I wanted a stripped lower and some 5.56 but that wasn't happening. I heard guys saying the 5.56 had sold out by 9:30 am. AKs and SKS's were bringing bank in though. I'd love to build a bull-pup SKS, but I shoot left handed so it wouldn't work for me. Not going to happen any time soon at these prices.

I've been tempted to try the 'plastic' lowers. Maybe for my 9mm build. I'm just not sure. I've heard good things from the people who have actually had them. I only hear hate form people who won't touch them in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #46
Frige
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sold my original sks for 400. last week. I still have a yugo m70 underfolder I may sell. If anyone in the Houston area in interested......

Old 01-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #47
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Built myself a 300 Remmington Ultramag. Bedded stock, squared barrel, lapped lugs, tactical bolt know installed and a muzzle break. Shoots like a dream.

Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #48
autobaun70
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Absolutely......I actually made a trip to my folks house today to put most of my nicer stuff in the safe. My brothers house was broken into earlier this week, and he lost several in the incident, including one of mine (custom target ruger 10/22).

In no particular order.......these are the guns I regularly shoot.

(2) Keltec PF9's

Marlin 980 .22 bolt action (got 10 squirels with it the week of new years)

Sheridan .20 pellet rifle (yes, a .20.....odd gun)

Beretta 92FS 9MM

Beretta A391 Xtrema 12 gauge

Browning BPS 12 gauge. Full camo finish. Won this gun in a raffle, and it sat in the safe for several years before I shot it. Very nice shooting pump gun. Compares favorably to an older Ithaca model 37. Now my dove field gun.

Marlin 336 30-30, old straight stock gun. My go to deer gun.

Remington 770 7MM-08, Raffle Win. Cheap gun, but actually been impressed with it for what it is. Put a decent scope on it, and a trigger job. I take it deer hunting if I am hunting a field, and mainly use it as a loaner gun if a buddy goes hunting with me.

Mossberg 500 410 pump. My primary home defense gun.

I have a couple dozen or so more of various description, mostly antiques, and a few range quality rifles, and some other stuff I bought just to have. I typically pick up something or another a couple times a year, and never sell anything. My current wish list guns are a new Browning A-5, and a Japanese light 12 auto 5.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #49
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
I've been tempted to try the 'plastic' lowers. Maybe for my 9mm build. I'm just not sure. I've heard good things from the people who have actually had them. I only hear hate form people who won't touch them in the first place.
I know that the polymer frames, for pistols, met a lot of resistance early on. That changed over time as they either perfected the process, or showed that they were just as wear resilient as metal frames. Now, it's more of a personal choice. Since I have a complete AR15 now, I might not keep both of the polymer lowers. I plan on keeping one of them, so that I can put the lower together and use it with an upper. I'm also looking to get some more modifications done to the AR15 I did get. Looking to see about getting a free floating tube installed (with rails of course), which will probably require changing the gas block to a low profile version.

One of the things I really like about the AR15 platform is how much you can do to/with it. Almost like with a 1911.

BTW, I was able to get a decent amount of ammo today. Since there's not much way to know what's going to be happening with ammo in the near future, I figured it was better/safer to buy what I could than wait. Cost per box wasn't that bad (I've seen much higher), so I bought all that the store had left. All 20 boxes of it. Plus a couple of boxes of .45 ACP 230gr round nose.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #50
xfevv
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Nice .50! I own a few but nothing quite as cool

Walter P-22
Glock 23 Gen 4

Ruger 10/22
Ruger M77 7.62x39
Savage 30-06
Mossberg 12ga
Thompson Omega .50 Muzzleloader

I'd like to get a .17 HMR and a lever action 30/30 at some point in the near future

Quick Reply