The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Any bicycle riders out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
fixie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Any bicycle riders out there?

I am an avid cyclist, I bike everywhere and in any weather., I love all types of biking mountain,road,commuting, I am into it all. i was just wondering if there where any bikers out there to share the love with?

Primary: Ed Wort's Haus Pale ale, Dead Guy Clone(Yooper's) APA
Kegged: Dry Stout, Oatmeal Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #2
GregR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I used to be way into mountain biking when I was a little younger. I keep wanting to get back into it but it's one of those things that just keeps getting put on the back burner unfortunately.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
fixie
Recipes 

Dust off that old Mountain bike and take it for a spin on a short trail. Get a little exercise and some love from the outdoors, you will thank yourself later.

Primary: Ed Wort's Haus Pale ale, Dead Guy Clone(Yooper's) APA
Kegged: Dry Stout, Oatmeal Stout

Old 04-11-2009, 05:43 AM   #4
GregR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I wish I had one to dust off. . . I might need to craigs list it and see what I can find.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #5
jaja
Recipes 

I'm a bicycle messenger and used to ride for institute of sport here in OZ and a div 2 pro team.

My happy place is on a mountain road early in the morning with the fog in the valley below thinking of what late hop additions would make my next brew so good!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #6
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5967 Times on 5241 Posts
Likes Given: 669

I've been known to tear up the trail on my mtn bike -- it's great for killing hangovers and for making me thirsty to drink beer! The only problem is the wind is so bad up here March thru May; then the monsoons in June through August; and then Autumn Wind....

but, I still get in some time on the ol' Trex...

Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Year round bicycle commuter here. I have a couple fixed gear bikes for my commute and errands, a recumbent for longer road rides and a Pugsley for goofing around off-road and in the snow.

Most of my riding is commuting and general errands. I do try to get a few long rides on the recumbent over the summer and usually a century or two. I bought the Pugsley with the intention of riding off-road summer and winter but havn't ridden it much the last year or so. I mostly use it for neighborhood rides with my young daughter and wife.

So what is the fixie you refer to in your username. I have a Mercier Kilo TT (cheap track bike) with bull horns and a front brake and a CrossCheck with a fixed wheelset for my primary all weather bike.

Craig

Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Tonedef131
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

All homebrewers should be bike enthusiests as well, something about these two hobbies just makes sense together. I am currently only road biking since I don't have a mountain bike and probably don't see one in my future this season. I also have a track bike I keep fixed for commuting to work and the like...amazing what one of those things will do for your pedalstroke.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
StoutFan
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I ride my bike to work everyday, for about 1.5 years now. It's just an old parts bike, not 2 parts the same brand or style, but it works great. Good for snow, trails, pavement, or the occasional yard or two. Gotta love the Kent Trails up here, miles and miles of paved bike trails, with some dirt trails poking off it everywhere.

Gambrinous - to be full of beer

Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Road cyclist here. With a wife and two small children, my riding has been sporadic. I do look forward to riding when I get the chance.
Last fall, I went over my bars and severed all the ligaments in my right thumb. Descents are still a bit of a white knuckle experience.
I do enjoy the tranquility of riding in silence on a back country road or after a long hill climb.

Quick Reply