Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > America's got talent... NOT

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
wildwest450
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 165 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default America's got talent... NOT

Not that I watch that crap, but my swmbo loves it. From what i've seen, the best this country's got to offer is some guys dunking a basketball and an 80 year old comic. This is the winner form the Ukraine. She is flat out amazing.

YouTube - Kseniya Simonova - Sand Animation (Україна має талант / Ukraine's Got Talent)

Keep in mind all she is using is sand and her fingers.

A synopsis of her drawing.
Here, she recounts Germany conquering Ukraine in the second world war. She brings calm, then conflict. A couple on a bench become a woman’s face; a peaceful walkway becomes a conflagration; a weeping widow morphs into an obelisk for an unknown soldier. Simonova looks like some vengeful Old Testament deity as she destroys then recreates her scenes - with deft strokes, sprinkles and sweeps she keeps the narrative going. She moves the judges to tears as she subtitles the final scene “you are always near”.

Last edited by wildwest450; 08-13-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
EarthBound
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 84

I know it's an old thread, but I just watched it and wanted to say, "That...is...awesome."

"You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of beer."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply