Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > AMAZING package arrived today...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2724 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I'm feeling pretty choked up right now. Great story...and you are a great man to honor it and him in such a way.

And we WILL see you in his plane someday!!!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #12
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts

It could take me 30 years to find/acquire his aircraft... but I want to bring it back to our family before I die. He worked very hard, harder than I ever will, to realize his dream of flight while working in the soybean fields back in MI.

My grandmother used to tell me how my grandfather would see the military pilots practicing, doing maneuvers out over the farmland and tell her "someday that will be me". She just shrugged it off... silly farmer with a silly dream. He made it happen, and when he finally found his dream plane he flew out west to look it over, my grandmother did not accompany him, she ran the farm while he was gone. He called her crying because it was everything that he wanted, but he did not know what to do, because she was not there to help him make such a big decision. She simply told him to buy it, to bring it home to the farm. And he did... that is the plane that he took me up in, the plane that gave me the bug.

Id do anything to get that back.

Last edited by The Pol; 01-30-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #13
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That is really a sweet thing someone did for you. I had a similar feeling when I got back my grandpa's WWII Army jackets from my ex. I learned a bit about him from the battle patches from his jackets..

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #14
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Totally awesome. Can't think of a better way to remember a great man.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
The Pol
Recipes 

Thanks for sharing in this with me guys. I really wish that I had known him better, longer, in person. Much of what I remember is standing by his bedside as he died from bone marrow cancer... it is nice to still hear some stories about him and to be able to posess some of his things.

I am a very nostalgic sort of person... this caps off one of he most amazing weeks I have had in a very long time. This was a much better surprise than getting my food sealer.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:17 AM   #16
tedpeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

That's fantastic that it ended up in your hands. Good luck on your search for the plane. Thank You for sharing with us.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #17
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
Thanks for sharing in this with me guys. I really wish that I had known him better, longer, in person. Much of what I remember is standing by his bedside as he died from bone marrow cancer... it is nice to still hear some stories about him and to be able to posess some of his things.

I am a very nostalgic sort of person... this caps off one of he most amazing weeks I have had in a very long time. This was a much better surprise than getting my food sealer.
Do you know the call letters of the plane. I'm always checking out used plane sites. That's a nice plane he had.
Facebook page

Old 01-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #18
The Pol
Recipes 

The registration number? Here they are.

He had a G35 that was N4228D
He had a V35A that was N6218V

The last aircraft was sold to a man in California back in the late 80's, that is all that I know.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #19
The Pol
Recipes 

I FOUND THE PLANE AND OWNER!!!

It is still in California... the guy flew it 12 days ago! He filed an instrument flight plan in California 12 days ago and flew it! N6218V is still out there! I have his name and his whereabouts. How the hell do I contact this guy without sounding like a head case... to let him know that if that plane is EVER sold, I want the first and last bid??

Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 AM   #20
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2724 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
I FOUND THE PLANE AND OWNER!!!

It is still in California... the guy flew it 12 days ago! He filed an instrument flight plan in California 12 days ago and flew it! N6218V is still out there! I have his name and his whereabouts. How the hell do I contact this guy without sounding like a head case... to let him know that if that plane is EVER sold, I want the first and last bid??
WOW.

So you have the pilots contact info?????

Just be honest, and open and tell the guy your story. It seems like you air jockeys are a nostalgic lot, and even us land lubbers are moved by your story...just send him a letter or email saying.."you don't know me, BUT..."

If you need help tweaking the letter after you write it, pm me, and I'd be glad to help.

Hey do you have any pics of your gramps and the planes?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply