Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Amazing Creativity in Dreams

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #11
Damonic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrianI View Post
I actually realized that I was dreaming and that it was cool I was making up this song in the dream. The act of becoming self-aware caused me to wake up though, like it always does. I wish I could lucid dream but every time I realize I'm dreaming I wake up. Anyway, it was during the dream that I realized that making this song up on the fly was pretty incredible so I'm pretty sure the lyrics actually rhymed, and didn't just give the impression of rhyming. Having said that, I couldn't remember the lyrics when I woke up though I did remember the tune of the chorus for a few minutes before forgetting it too. I've actually been able to remember large portions of the tune from previous dreams for a few minutes after waking up, but have never tried recording it while I still remember. I do remember thinking that they would be hits though! It's like in the morning when I remember that I had an awesome idea in my sleep the previous night that I knew could make millions. Only I didn't write it down in the brief time I was awake after the dream and don't have any idea what it was the next morning!
I find this very interesting. I have a long history of sleep disorders but when I was around 12-14 years old I was able to dream lucidly. Completely... AMAZING. I was aware, able to stay in control, and do whatever I wanted. Fly, harness weapons, gets da laydees, everything that a pre-teen boy would ever desire. Sadly I lost the ability within a year.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #12
FishinDave07
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The dreams in which you realize "Hey, this is a dream!" and that you can "control" are awesome.

Drinking: Yakima Blonde (Imperialized), Banana Wheat, Russian Imperial Stout, and anything i can get my hands on
On Deck: Watermelon Wheat, Red Panda Ale, Gluten Free Brown Ale, Mojito IPA, Smoked Pepper Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply