Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Am I the only one on here involved in Vintage Base Ball?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I figured you might get a kick out of these, especially since you just linked to him.
That's awesome. Where is the memorial?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

That's actually his grave in Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. I used to drive around in there on slow work days and take pictures of all of the famous people's gravesites. There's a few of the old time players buried there also I'm pretty sure.

Revvy Likes This 
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanedoc View Post

Never realized my home town was "Detroitish" Michigan, but I get it "I'm not from Chicago"
Most folks won't know the name of the suburb I live in (Fraser) but people know where Detroit is. And since I work in the city proper, AND my church is there, I guess I'm technically there more than I'm at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRGeorge View Post
Conan O'Brian did a segment on the sport, I believe it is on youtube. Looks like great fun.
Yeah, it's kinda like the new Buffalo Wild Wings "Homebrewing" commercial, people in Vintage Base Ball, either really love or really hate that segment.

I'm kinda on the fence about it. The irony of it is, I have a basket that I carry around that during tournaments or games at museums where we REALLY have to hide modern things like watches and stuff, the team sticks their phones and things in there- I do indeed keep a stash of Nature Valley Granola Bars on hand.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply