The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Alton Brown is the Man!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #21
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

As bad as it sounds I have actually seen every single episode of good eats and look forward to upcoming ones and his episode on brewing is what made me realize that I could actually make good beer at home. I have also learned ALOT from his shows because he doesnt teach you a recipe but instead he tells you why and how things work so you can make your own recipies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #22
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722
As bad as it sounds I have actually seen every single episode of good eats and look forward to upcoming ones and his episode on brewing is what made me realize that I could actually make good beer at home. I have also learned ALOT from his shows because he doesnt teach you a recipe but instead he tells you why and how things work so you can make your own recipies.
Agreed on all counts

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 11-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #23
Neomich
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722

Yep, this is why I like this guy. Plus, he explains how to actually go to the store and get the right stuff and ask the right questions.

Lets see one of the other celebrity chefs jump on a motorcycle and pull into some random dive and actually be able to intelligently discuss what they're cooking and how the source their ingredients.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #24
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulive21
Agreed on all counts
Me too.

His rigged up smoker episode is well worth watching too. It inspired me to make a smoker out of 2 flower pots(not exactly per his instructions, but like I said, I was inspired) It worked incredibly well.
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 11-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #25
killian
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I wasnt trying to say anything bad about the guy but he seems so knowledgeable about most topics I was just surprised that he did make those mistakes.
-
I also like the show and watch it often

Old 11-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #26
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Damn it killian...GET OUT!!(just kidding) I think he was going out of his way to show that brewing was so super easy, that he missed a couple of things. If we could get word to him, he would probably do another episode. He is obviously running out of good subject matter. His next episode will probaly be on the often mis-understood and underappreciated art of making baby food.

BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Quick Reply