Allergies & meds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
If you have allergies and haven't tried loratadine, I can recommend it. I've had grass, pollen and cat allergies all of my life & this stuff is great! It's also available in generic and one dose is good for 24 hours.

Mayo says there are no known drug interactions, it doesn't cause drowsiness AND ...

NO alcohol warning! This might be the only drug sold today in the USA that doesn't have one, so time for another pint.

I buy the over the counter version at Sams club. Stuff works great, they also have one with a decongestant (Pseudoephedrine) but if you can't take Seudophed you can't take the one with the decongestant in it.

I'm not a Druggie, nor do I play one on TV. You propably don't have grass pollen allergies, the kind where you want to take power auger to your sinuses. Otherwise, you'd be running out to get some.

I use sublingual (under-the-tongue) drops twice a day. Better than shots, cheaper, and don't have to have appointments.

plus the testing they use is a blood test - more accurate, more wide range, less costly, and they don't punch you 85 times with a bunch of little needles.

my dr.s are here:

www.coolallergy.com

allergychoices is the nationwide mixer of drop potions. good good stuff.

have been off allegra, claritin, zyrtec, etc. for over a year. wa-hoo!

allergy shots are the way to go for seasonal allergies. My tree pollen allergies used to ruin my spring every year, in spite of how much claritin, actifed, zyrtec, whatever I consumed. After a couple months of shots, my sinuses don't freak out at the first speck of pollen anymore. In the long run, it's probably cheaper as well. One $15 shot, every 4-5 weeks, and I'm bulletproof.

Back