Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Ain't nothing like a fedora

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
SkinnyShamrock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I always wear a baseball-style hat, in the fall/winter it's my Eagles hat, in the spring/summer, it's any number of random hats that I own.

Jeff, Brewer, Troegs Brewing Company, Harrisburg, PA

"RDWHAHB, right?"
"No, just do it right, damnit!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
Air Pirate

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My Adventure Bilt

My old one

SWMBO wearing my usual hat (I dont break out the fedora that often):

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #13
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Nicely done, Air Pirate!

Are you also a rugger?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

Most of the time, I wear a classical "river boat gambler's" hat; black, broad rimmed or a floppy-brimmed 'straw' hat for the summer. I have a fedora, but don't wear it much.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 10-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

I hate baseball caps but love REAL MEN'S hats, fedoras, bowler's etc...I really wish that that style would come back, I usually feel really foolish wearing one. But now that I'm involved in umping or score keeping vintage base ball games, I get to wear bowler's and stuff...

I'm looking at a top hat right now, a bowler and a straw boater right now..Haloween shops have them now, and I'm hoping to snag them on sale before the pack stuff away...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #16
menschmaschine
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 26 Posts

I don't have a picture handy, but I wear a hat in the winter to keep my head warm (short hair and not a full head of it!). It's a gray, wool "flat cap". I used to wear other hats that were brimmed when I lived in a more "urban" environment, but I would be considered a bit eccentric here if I wore them. I don't really like to wear "baseball caps" since I don't play baseball.

I think men's hats should come back into fashion. Wasn't it the norm 60+ years ago? Fashion in general has been getting progressively casual over the last 100 years or so. I guess when "casual" bottoms out to the point we're all walking around in our underwear, it will go the other way and we'll start to dress more formal again... hopefully including hats.

END TRANSMISSION

Old 10-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #17
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3491 Times on 3382 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I hate baseball caps but love REAL MEN'S hats
Jeesh, pretty strong there. I'll put any of my 123 baseball caps against anything else. I'd also wear a fedora, etc., if I had one and if my head weren't so darn small.

A baseball cap is certainly for REAL MEN in some instances. I must say I hate when people wear them backward or cockeyed. My dad always got pissed at me for doing that, saying it was disrespectful. I wholeheartedly agree.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #18
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
A baseball cap is certainly for REAL MEN in some instances. I must say I hate when people wear them backward or cockeyed. My dad always got pissed at me for doing that, saying it was disrespectful. I wholeheartedly agree.
Yeah, this is more where my vehemence against baseball caps stems from.

Of course to me real Base Ball Players don't wear gloves and dress like this..

This is our teams uniform. (This is the founder of the team and the mayor pro-tem)

This is Dave, our Other adjudicator/Talley keeper (we alternate, and there are no pics of me posted anywhere yet, except a fuzzy one in a newspaper.)

This is the Woodstock (ontario) Active's Uni

This is the Saginaw Old Goats

Note the long sleeves, and if a player rolls them up without asking permission of the women in the audience he is subjected to a fine of a days wages for ungentlemenly cnduct (25 cents.)

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Last edited by Revvy; 10-24-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #19
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3491 Times on 3382 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've done the vintage baseball thing and love the hats. Could really do without the wool uniforms in the summer. Blech.

Can't do without my glove, though. Baseball, in its current form, paid most of my way through college. Makes me dedicated to what it is now.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #20
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
I've done the vintage baseball thing and love the hats. Could really do without the wool uniforms in the summer. Blech.

Can't do without my glove, though. Baseball, in its current form, paid most of my way through college. Makes me dedicated to what it is now.
Dave, the guy in the above picture, played last year....shattered 2 fingers catching a ball gloveless...had to have micro surgery. That's why I stick to scorekeeping and reffing....

Quick Reply