Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Ahh, Friday.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
flyangler18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Ahh, Friday.

What a long week. Since I've tendered my resignation, I've endured a 3.5 hour conference call on Tuesday though I've made strides in cleaning up my mess of an office in preparation to shipping back the company computer next Friday.

Catching up on the forums and about to load the dishwasher. Shame I don't have any raw milk to make more cheese, but I'll be brewing tomorrow and probably firing up the smoker to boot. Headed to the cycling shop tomorrow morning and probably doing a good long ride to clear my head and start my day off right.

What are you all doing this weekend?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3518 Times on 3406 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Working. Currently stuck in an airport. I hate you.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Bru
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

POETS day ! (p!ss off early tomorrow saturday - sorry)

Im tasting my first AG - a stout bottled a week ago (yes, I know its early) and bottling my IPA.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I really really wanna brew! Not sure what this weekend has in store to be honest with ya. We have friends coming in from Georgia to stay with us Saturday and Sunday, then Monday I'm supposed to get together with some friends here to drink and play bocce and cook good food. We're putting a couple pork shoulders on the smoker this afternoon. I finished my design development submission for my current animal shelter, so I'm kinda in a mini-lull at work right now, and while I could offer my time up to others for support, I think I'd much rather go home and do some housework. But still, I really really REALLY want to brew. It's been six whole freakin' weeks, man! I have one 6.5 gallon fermenter open and two 5-gallon ones open (all these funky beers and lagers keep taking up my fermenters!). I bet I could do 9 gallons of something. I haven't done my Basil IPA this year....dayummmm...I don't really need the beer, but I really want to brew.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 09-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
uglygoat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i took today off and am three or six beers into my morning. it's sunny, and 70ish. have fun at work monkeys!!!

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Mrs. Jass and I are meeting Shecky tonight at Barley's in Columbus.
Saturday and Sunday will be spent at the in-laws lake house. It's their version of Walden; kids swimming and fishing and a few long boat cruises.
Brewing 2 - 10 gallon batches Monday.
Life is good.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I am demolishing what remains of the original lath and plaster in my upstairs. I have a 12 yd. dumpster with my houses name on it sitting in my drive. I intend to be as filthy as any human alive by 9 am tomorrow morning.

I seriously have a hard time thinking of anything worse than being coated in hundred year old filth and vermiculite insulation. yuck!

But at least it will be done.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Bru
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

And BTW - its 16h00 here - Im about to go home for a few cold ones

Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3518 Times on 3406 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
I really really wanna brew! Not sure what this weekend has in store to be honest with ya. We have friends coming in from Georgia to stay with us Saturday and Sunday, then Monday I'm supposed to get together with some friends here to drink and play bocce and cook good food. We're putting a couple pork shoulders on the smoker this afternoon. I finished my design development submission for my current animal shelter, so I'm kinda in a mini-lull at work right now, and while I could offer my time up to others for support, I think I'd much rather go home and do some housework. But still, I really really REALLY want to brew. It's been six whole freakin' weeks, man! I have one 6.5 gallon fermenter open and two 5-gallon ones open (all these funky beers and lagers keep taking up my fermenters!). I bet I could do 9 gallons of something. I haven't done my Basil IPA this year....dayummmm...I don't really need the beer, but I really want to brew.
And how old is your son? About six weeks, right? Told ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh_Jass_Gnome View Post
Mrs. Jass and I are meeting Shecky tonight at Barley's in Columbus.
Sure to be the highlight of my weekend.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4785 Times on 3480 Posts
Likes Given: 956

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here. We're having a high school friend of Bob's come to our cottage this weekend, and having several "fancy" dinners with nice wines. I've already made the desserts and done much of the prep work for the dinners. We have a 3 gallon keg of APA and several other growlers to enjoy in front of the bonfire.

The big thing though is that it's time for our annual wild rice harvest. We do it as the Native Americans have always done- with canoes and sticks in the river. It's hard work, but it's also fun and then we'll have wild rice again for a year. We have about 5 canoes going out on Saturday, to teach some noobs how to do it.

It's also time to pick blackberries and chokecherries for wine, and to start cutting firewood for next year.

In short, great food, good beer, friends, and "working" outside. My favorite things!

Quick Reply