60s music while brewing - Awesome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
I love it when I can get a Friday night off to brew because a local college radio station runs an all 60s show with this amazing host who is a walking encyclopedia of musical knowledge. He plays out-of-the-way stuff that even my parents haven't heard of (I'm only 35). This is my absolute favorite brewing soundtrack. The station is 91.7 in Milwaukee and you can get it online.

That's awesome. I've also found the love of brewin' to the oldies. (just turned 30) Something about that era that's so relaxing to have a beer and brew some beer!

I just love the feel of it. Maybe it's because the musicians I grew up with were influenced by their parents playing 60s music at home when they were kids and it came through in the music they wrote in the 80s and 90s. Whatever it is, I can't get enough.

I think music and car wise, I was supposed to be a teen in the late 60's/early 70's..

Early Pink Floyd, Stones, The doors, the who, zepp, yada yada yada, dylan, hendrix, cream, ccr, the kinks etc etc.

Music was real then, and they didn't have computers to mix their music back then. if it sounded like crap, you played it and recorded it again.

And musicians were making music because they loved it, not because it would make them millionaires.

And in the studio, for the most part, they'd all be standing around and performing together rather than recording one layer at a time and then putting them all together later. Not that there's anything bad about that, but I just love the idea of a recording from the 60s being a little moment in history when all of those musicians were standing together somewhere and making that music.

Dude, I am absolutely in love with 60's garage rock - the Millenium, Yardbirds, the Action, Lefte Banke....love that stuff...before "music" was cool...just played to play.

I am 27 and will listen to every genre of music around. Always rock of sorts, unless the blues are calling me.

Cool! Thanks for the link. There are two hosts and they switch off every week. Both hosts are awesome but one host, Dewey Gill, is my all-time favorite.

I find I can only go back as far as the music my parents had playing on the radio as a young kid. The music before that just doesn't grab me. Of course what you are talking about fits into that time period. Actually, I kind of lose interest in the 50's with the Do-whop or what ever you call that music.

Brewed with my friend's daughter on Sat. I played a mix that included ALL of Weird Al's polka medleys. Turns out she has heard just about NONE of the tunes he has in his medleys! LOL!

I'm pretty easy to please while brewing. I can listen to 80's metal, Pink Floyd (although I prefer that alone, in the dark, with headphones) classical, classic rock.

Back