Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/)
-   -   6.5 THOUSAND people online 11-12-12?! (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/6-5-thousand-people-online-11-12-12-a-367766/)

Thundercougarfalconbird 11-14-2012 06:17 PM

6.5 THOUSAND people online 11-12-12?!
 
Man this site is massive. I love thinking about how many hundreds of different professions and experts there are in this huge pool of users/members.

ReverseApacheMaster 11-14-2012 07:51 PM

There's only one month left to consume all your homebrew before the end. Get to drinking.

45_70sharps 11-14-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster (Post 4589678)
There's only one month left to consume all your homebrew before the end. Get to drinking.

Well if the dooms day folks are right, I'm going to go out with some darn good beer ready in the fermenter. Some in the keg also.
Just in case you get to choose a couple things to take like a carry on!

Subsailor 11-14-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercougarfalconbird (Post 4589366)
Man this site is massive. I love thinking about how many hundreds of different professions and experts there are in this huge pool of users/members.

Quite impressive with the diversity!

TxBrew 11-14-2012 09:00 PM

I saw that. Amazing. Our population is larger than some cities.

inhousebrew 11-14-2012 09:15 PM

Wow, that's crazy traffic! Is there something I'm missing, where did you find that number?

inhousebrew 11-14-2012 09:18 PM

Never mind, found it on the bottom of the homepage. Guess I never scrolled down that far. Cool that they have birthdays listed and is that long list everyone that's online currently?

GilaMinumBeer 11-14-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxBrew (Post 4589941)
I saw that. Amazing. Our population is larger some cities.

What percentage of those do you suppose could have been spam or bot crawls?

Not sure if bots register as users.

Thundercougarfalconbird 11-15-2012 04:28 AM

Bots on here? Why?
I assumed it was active population. I love that I can ask a question about ANY field (science/math/engineering/cooking) and get professional, community edited answers. Six thousand is insane. I'm from a small town with a big student body (20k) and that number is nearly inconceivable for one interest.

GilaMinumBeer 11-15-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercougarfalconbird (Post 4591310)
Bots on here? Why?
I assumed it was active population. I love that I can ask a question about ANY field (science/math/engineering/cooking) and get professional, community edited answers. Six thousand is insane. I'm from a small town with a big student body (20k) and that number is nearly inconceivable for one interest.

Google just about anything and, often times, you'll get a hit to HBT within the top 10. Is that not the work of a bot crawl?


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.