Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > 3 children compared to 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
bigbeergeek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
I've never heard someone say "I regret having another child."
Sure, no one says it. You're not allowed to. Speaking negatively about having children is a complete no-no in our society (outside the context of stand-up comedy etc).

You think that the couple that has two children a year apart from each other didn't have a few regrets when their third "miracle" came along 13 years later? No doubt about it. You'll never hear about it though. Child rearing must always be described as a "blessing", "pure joy" etc etc.

Refer to comedian Louis C.K. for more details on the subject.

"Good people drink good beer." -HST

SharonaZamboni Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #22
jsv1204
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
For those who have 3 kids, not talking to you weirdos with 3+.

What your thoughts on 3 kids? I know I won't get any "make this nightmare end" but looking for frank comments on being able to get enough quality time per kid, logistics of three, etc.
3 boys... The jump from 1 to 2 was the tough one. 2 to 3 was not as big of a step. Note our boys are almost exactly two years apart - all teens now and spending more money on milk than gas!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #23
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 76

2 was cake, 3 was omg what did we do?!

It really depends on the kid. Sometimes the first is the hardest, sometimes it's number 3. This is why it's different for each family.

Would I do it over and stop at 2? No, as challenging as #3 is, he's still worth it. I just have to enjoy those smiles and hugs that much more.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #24
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I had 3 for many years. All boys. The middle child was more work than the other two put together. Plus, one was always left out. I am glad I survived their fighting years. Their ages are 21, 18 and 17. Oh yea, then there is a 9yr old too...

Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1395 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
When I say she plans everything, I truly mean every hour of every day for the next year is planned.
I can't imagine how she hasn't gone insane yet. Unless she doesn't get upset when plans go awry.

My experience has been that any two children will be perfectly fine, but it's a rare treat when all three are cohabiting peacefully. Only any two will get along at any given time. Until they're about 15. Then they know who the opposition really is.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

No kids for me but I was the second of three. My older brother and I are four years apart and my younger brother and I are eight years apart. The biggest difference I noticed was just the diminished resources in all regards. As others said, you can't play man-to-man coverage which also means it's hard to give any one kid attention at a time without somebody feeling short changed and left out. Some things are harder to do in odd numbers as a family (e.g. games, sports, etc.).

Money is obviously the biggest area where resources are depleted. Some parents may take issue with this but I would really look at your financial picture and figure out if you can give three kids a great childhood or if you're going to struggle with the third. It's nice to want lots of kids but not everybody can afford it. Having children is the greatest indicator of bankruptcy these days. Maybe you have the excess income to afford the third. I'm not guessing anything about your financials.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1395 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
The biggest difference I noticed was just the diminished resources in all regards.
Yup. I think you're the first to say it outright. But sometimes, in our society, that would be a blessing. Self-reliance, improvisation, compromise, and all that jazz.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #28
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeergeek

Nope...

ME BAD

Old 07-17-2012, 02:44 AM   #29
jspence1
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni View Post
Yup. I think you're the first to say it outright. But sometimes, in our society, that would be a blessing. Self-reliance, improvisation, compromise, and all that jazz.
In our society that means not getting your new Iphone5, I don't believe for one second that anyone considering if they should have third child would do so without being able to provide their child a reasonable life.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:02 AM   #30
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Three boys here: 3,5 and 7. No big deal going to three. Beer consumption seemed to go up proportionately though.
2 boys and a girl 3, 5, 7, my daughter is the youngest. I love them to death but there are days I want to lock my self in my room and cry. The dealing with a third wild one's antics when you have to deal with #1's continual failure to use his brain and #3's have to be attached 24/7 is what gets to me. #2 is severely ADOS "Attention Deficit Oh Shiny" and way to smart for his own good. He will look at a problem and have it figured out before you even know he has identified the problem is tiresome. Usually the problem is something you have taken away or don't want him to have, and his sole goal in life is to get it when you turn your head to deal with the other 2.
Good luck and congrats TX
“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Quick Reply