2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha. I was referring to the March 2013 draft. I was tops in 2012 regular season but lost in playoffs but drafted in the 12 slot and now was second in the regular season standings in 2013 and won it all and will draft in the 12 slot again. More amused than anything!

Sounds good on the keepers. I am going to start sending out trade proposals. Have too many keepers. Anyone that is interested should feel free to send me offers for my players for your early (8-11 round) picks or for other keepers. I am all ears and the only untouchable on my team (pre draft) is Trout.

Some deals:
Matt Moore - 8th round pick
Justin Upton - 8th round pick
Michael Wacha - 8th round pick
Jurickson Profar - 8th round pick
Johnny Cueto - 9th round pick

Dave

Almost done with trades pre-draft.

Still have a couple of keeper quality players that are available.

Feel free to make offers on:
Justin Upton
Johnny Cueto
Michael Wacha

Getting really excited for the draft!!

Dave

Spent all day researching players and making lists. Sleeting and cold. Crappy day to be outside. Watched some spring training games while researching. What a great day! I think i'm almost ready for the draft.

I wish we could go into the draft room early to tag players on a watch list. I think we could get in there an hour before the draft. I just wish I could do some work there now.

I agree...though being able to adjust one's keeper list until an hour before the draft is valuable IMO. Imagine someone gets hurt before the draft and after you have to submit keepers? That would be miserable.

As I've said a couple times, I would love access to the "pool" in advance as I like being able to pre-rank my players. However, the 5-6 hours I spent Sunday, working on who may and may not be available and creating list after list, will be just as helpful. If the room is open an hour prior to the actual draft, I should be able to pre-rank most everyone I want.

Just a few days before the draft. Othon/Carson, is Alfred in again this year? And has anyone heard from Ray (Dirty South)? Those are the only two I haven't heard from.

Gotta 5A doubleheader to call on Friday so it looks like I'm on auto draft this year....That might be a good thing for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Since this is my first draft and I am a planner, can someone give me a quick rundown of pre-draft times, etc...I think the room opens 1 hour prior to draft time at which time we get the first look at who is available. Does that sound right?

Since this is my first draft and I am a planner, can someone give me a quick rundown of pre-draft times, etc...I think the room opens 1 hour prior to draft time at which time we get the first look at who is available. Does that sound right?

That does sound right.

You should be able to look at each team and see who is already on their team and their picks.

Draft is tomorrow night at 9pm EST. Don't forget to set/update your keepers by an hour before the draft. PEI, Bayou, Bridge Town, Lipstick City have not yet set their keepers.

It looks like Ray has set his, but I'm not sure when that was. I just emailed him and Alfred to check in with them. I have one person who is eager to take on a team if a slot opens.

Very excited! Can't wait for the regular season and Fantasy Baseball to get under way. Hoping for another strong season for both the Sox and myself!

Are we going to continue with this thread or make a new one for 2014?

Dave

Tomorrow I was planning on having oysters and drinking Helles. Fitting the fantasy draft in there may make it a Friday night that's tough to beat.

Very excited! Can't wait for the regular season and Fantasy Baseball to get under way. Hoping for another strong season for both the Sox and myself!

Are we going to continue with this thread or make a new one for 2014?

Dave

I'll make a new thread after the draft for the new season.

Was watching the Sox/Yanks game on ESPN earlier while I was at the gym. Paid attention until Cervelli's homerun.

I'm hoping that Sizemore stays healthy for them. Would love to see that guy reach his potential finally.

Tomorrow I was planning on having oysters and drinking Helles. Fitting the fantasy draft in there may make it a Friday night that's tough to beat.

Sounds awesome. I'm just about tap a helles that I brewed in early February. I think it needs to lager another week. But hell (lol), I have two kegs of it, why wait?!

Do you guys do anything special for draft night? Typically, I just have a couple beers (making late round picks interesting sometimes). I'm having Sean (Los Bastardos) over for the draft. We should be good and loaded by the end of the draft.

Yeah I am hoping for 130 games out of Sizemore. I think that is the upper end of realistic.

Is there a way for us all to voice chat during the draft tomorrow? Assuming interest and computers with mics too. I think it would be fun and a good way to get to know each other better.

Dave

I don't think I have that capability. Emphasis on ability (or lack thereof). My mom got me into Skype if that tells you anything.

I'll make a new thread after the draft for the new season.

Was watching the Sox/Yanks game on ESPN earlier while I was at the gym. Paid attention until Cervelli's homerun.

I'm hoping that Sizemore stays healthy for them. Would love to see that guy reach his potential finally.

Sounds awesome. I'm just about tap a helles that I brewed in early February. I think it needs to lager another week. But hell (lol), I have two kegs of it, why wait?!

Do you guys do anything special for draft night? Typically, I just have a couple beers (making late round picks interesting sometimes). I'm having Sean (Los Bastardos) over for the draft. We should be good and loaded by the end of the draft.
I plan to sit at the kitchen table, drinking beer and drafting. Nothing too exciting, but nothing much more fun!

Yeah I am hoping for 130 games out of Sizemore. I think that is the upper end of realistic.

Is there a way for us all to voice chat during the draft tomorrow? Assuming interest and computers with mics too. I think it would be fun and a good way to get to know each other better.

Dave
My laptop is so old, it doesn't have a mic or a camera. haha I like the idea though, just not sure how I would pull it off.

I don't think I have that capability. Emphasis on ability (or lack thereof). My mom got me into Skype if that tells you anything.
bwahahaha You may be worse off than me!

I ended up finishing off the Helles last night while watching NC State choke in an epic manner. Sad to say, but the last 3 - 4 pints were amazing and made me wish that I had been more patient and lagered it longer. That was my first time with that style, and I'll definitely be rebrewing it. My wife was a huge fan of it.

unless i get a magical burst of energy, due to time difference I'll be auto drafting again. probably a good thing for me!

Can't wait for the regular season to start.

The team i play for have our first spring games this sunday away, nice road trip and play some ball! Not many baseball teams in the UK, and there happens to be one in my town which is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

unless i get a magical burst of energy, due to time difference I'll be auto drafting again. probably a good thing for me!

Can't wait for the regular season to start.

The team i play for have our first spring games this sunday away, nice road trip and play some ball! Not many baseball teams in the UK, and there happens to be one in my town which is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

That's kickass that you play on a team. The closest I come to playing is putting the wiffle ball back on the tee for my son to try and hit. Tried playing on a softball team last year, and ended up with tendonitis in both ankles.

I ended up finishing off the Helles last night while watching NC State choke in an epic manner. Sad to say, but the last 3 - 4 pints were amazing and made me wish that I had been more patient and lagered it longer. That was my first time with that style, and I'll definitely be rebrewing it. My wife was a huge fan of it.

I've never brewed one myself before this, and have only had one or two pints of it before commercially. Figured it would be a good drinker for the spring/early summer. I was a little too efficient and it came in at 1.055. Was shooting for 1.050. Tasted it last night. It needs another week or two before it's ready.

Is there a way to set my draft to auto-pick before it starts? I'm not available tonight and I don't want y'all to have to wait the default time every time my pick comes up.

I'm not sure off hand. It's really not a big deal. It will default after a round or two.

I'm trying to eat dinner, my In N Out Double double AKA THE BEST CHEESEBURGER IN THE WORLD

I'm trying to eat dinner, my In N Out Double double AKA THE BEST CHEESEBURGER IN THE WORLD

Is that where you took your girl for her b-day? That's awesome brother.

Waiver wire is open for business, y'all.

Good draft everyone.

Similar thing happened on another message to me...I'm thinking it is a problem with the app, not the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back