Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > 2012 HBT Fantasy Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #131
JohnnyO
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 892 Times on 840 Posts
Likes Given: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointerDixie214
I should chime in here. I enjoy the league, but I don't have the time or skills to hang with you guys.

I will happily play it out (and after our move in July I will have more time too), however, if there is someone who thinks they can rescue an 0-6 team I will offer it up for grabs.

Longo Penas. Lemme know.
Hang in there, man. It's a long season. If you're enjoying it, stick with it. That's what we all joined for.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #132
beersteiner2345
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Cool. Will stick through it then. Ya'll better watch out come July. lol

Old 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #133
bosdave
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I am always looking to shake thing up via trade. If a trade seems out of balance to start then send back a counter. Sometimes I will send out a theory and know that it needs work.

With that said people need to realize that fantasy baseball is a long season and trades are not always worthwhile. Personally I am in a kind of no trade zone right now as I just made a few and want to see the new identity of my team before reacting to it.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #134
JohnnyO
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 892 Times on 840 Posts
Likes Given: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosdave View Post
Well I am always looking to shake thing up via trade. If a trade seems out of balance to start then send back a counter. Sometimes I will send out a theory and know that it needs work.

With that said people need to realize that fantasy baseball is a long season and trades are not always worthwhile. Personally I am in a kind of no trade zone right now as I just made a few and want to see the new identity of my team before reacting to it.
You want to hold off on the trade for Tulo for now? I've been trying to think of a counter offer, but haven't had much time. I'm looking to get some pitching back.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #135
bosdave
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I will always look. Here is the thing...it is going on week 8 and I am looking like I will be 6-1. I don't need to make a drastic move. BUT I am always looking to get better.

I would rather discuss whichever SS you value less, even if there is not a major difference in valuation.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #136
bosdave
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
Again, sorry to see Jeremy leave the league. Best of luck to you.

We have found someone to take over as manager. The Perlicks are now known as the Sluggers. Welcome FreshZ into the league.

I updated the weekly trophies up until present. With a young child at home, it is hard for me to keep up with as I had in the past. I'll do my best to keep them as updated as possible.

As I alluded to in my last post, I've been a little too coveting of my players, and I think that many of us do the same. It has been a bit stangant both in here and on the smackboard on the league page. I hope that we can all look into how we can spice up the league a bit. If anyone is looking to deal, get in touch!
I think I am finally done trading...for now. I have my roster in a really good place (I hope) and want to see how it performs. Then again after a half dozen or so trades I have done quite a bit!

I am all for a little spice though. As for trash talk, well I expect to win every week! I try to win every day for that matter.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:53 AM   #137
FreshZ
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I never got an email. Am I still going to be in the league?

Primary: Nothing
Secondary: MVP (Manly Vanilla Porter),
Bottled: Cali Common, I.P.K., CTZ SMaSH yeast experiment, FUBAR IPA, Barleywine, Columbus Day Milk Stout, Narwhal ESB...
On Deck: Domaine DuPage clone, Heady Topper clone, Oaked Imp. Stout

Old 06-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #138
PEIYankees
Recipes 

Well, during the draft, I got jeered for picking Andy Pettitte with my final pick, knowing the was only a few weeks away from returning. Fast forward to today........late on Sunday, looks like Andy will be the top preforming player (points wise) in our league for this past week. Anybody else have a final pick that is working for them? Still HAVE that final pick? lol.

This is the one bright spot I can focus on, as the PEI Yankees have 3 players on the DL, and 3 players listed as DTD, so take my gloating (?) as you will.........

Old 06-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #139
Guidry
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIYankees View Post
Anybody else have a final pick that is working for them? Still HAVE that final pick? lol.
My final pick was Allen Craig (StL) who is now ranked 72nd at his position (OF) and averaging 7 pts per game. Also traded for Austin Jackson who was picked up in the last round by the Stout Troopers and is now ranked at 39th at his position. So, I'd say yeh, I have a late pick or two who are working out for me. Problem is my earlier picks stink!

As for injuries, at one point last week I had 4 hitters on the DL and 2 other hitters listed DTD where they were actually not playing for at least 2 days with injuries. I also had 1 pitcher DTD but that wasn't as significant. My whole bench and both DL spots were filled with non-active players. Good thing I like beer! I wonder how non-drinkers handle this game!!!

Old 06-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #140
FreshZ
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm looking to deal a 2B. I have Neil Walker and Howie Kendrick. I need an OF. Could throw in a P if deal is right.

Secondary: MVP (Manly Vanilla Porter),
Bottled: Cali Common, I.P.K., CTZ SMaSH yeast experiment, FUBAR IPA, Barleywine, Columbus Day Milk Stout, Narwhal ESB...
On Deck: Domaine DuPage clone, Heady Topper clone, Oaked Imp. Stout

Quick Reply