Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > 2007 Fantasy Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #11
Fiery Sword
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Birdt & rd - just sent the invites from sportsline.

I invited three of my buddies to join up but only 1 has - i was figuring the rest would be HBT'rs.

Despite a few non-brewers, I say we work out some homebrew wagers. You guys seem to have a system after that epic fantasy football thread so let's go by that. something can be worked out with my friend.

Last edited by Fiery Sword; 03-19-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

PM sent. Get me in on this.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #13
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

I'm in a sportsline league now, set up the same way you've described. It's very easy to manage the teams and the site updates live so you can watch your scores real-time. None of the guys in my league are HB'rs, just plain old drunks, so we put up $150 per team, winner takes all.

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #14
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbudz
I'm in a sportsline league now, set up the same way you've described. It's very easy to manage the teams and the site updates live so you can watch your scores real-time. None of the guys in my league are HB'rs, just plain old drunks, so we put up $150 per team, winner takes all.
yea, i've used yahoo, espn and sportsline and I think I like sportsline the best.

$150 per team winner take all? thats a pretty damn good payday!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #15
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Sword
Despite a few non-brewers, I say we work out some homebrew wagers. You guys seem to have a system after that epic fantasy football thread so let's go by that. something can be worked out with my friend - i actualy might have him brewing by then!!!
We did 3 beers for the winner - 2 for second and 1 for third and last for football with 16 teams. For those unable to bottle, a good area micro was suitable payment.

I'd think with 10 teams and two divisions, we should just do 1st and 2nd in each division with a little extra for the overall winner, but that's just my opinion. Whatever Fiery decides is cool with me as long as it's just a friendly small bet.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
We did 3 beers for the winner - 2 for second and 1 for third and last for football with 16 teams. For those unable to bottle, a good area micro was suitable payment.

I'd think with 10 teams and two divisions, we should just do 1st and 2nd in each division with a little extra for the overall winner, but that's just my opinion. Whatever Fiery decides is cool with me as long as it's just a friendly small bet.
Yea, 2 divisions of 5 is a lot smaller than a 16-person league. I believe the playoffs work by having the two division winners as the top 2 seeds, then the next 2 best records (overall, divisions don't count) are seeds 3 and 4.

We could pretty much do the same thing as you mentioned with football - overall winner gets 3 from everyone, second place gets 2, third (winner of 'consolation' game) gets 1. That would be fine with me. As mentioned, my friend works in distribution so he can definitely hunt down some nice micros even though he doesn't brew. If this is cool with the people who join up, it's cool with me!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #17
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
$150 per team winner take all? thats a pretty damn good payday!!!!
It also comes with a years worth of trash talkin' and bragging rights

You guys should definitely keep it to 10 teams though, we tried expanding my league and the player pool got too thin

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #18
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 361 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Fiery, you've got to get yoiur buddy to joint he board, though, even if he doesn't brew - the FFB thread has like ten thousand posts of trash-talking, he's got to be in on that or it's no fun...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:59 PM   #19
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Bird, you didn't sign up yet, did ya?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #20
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Yea, 2 divisions of 5 is a lot smaller than a 16-person league. I believe the playoffs work by having the two division winners as the top 2 seeds, then the next 2 best records (overall, divisions don't count) are seeds 3 and 4.

We could pretty much do the same thing as you mentioned with football - overall winner gets 3 from everyone, second place gets 2, third (winner of 'consolation' game) gets 1. That would be fine with me. As mentioned, my friend works in distribution so he can definitely hunt down some nice micros even though he doesn't brew. If this is cool with the people who join up, it's cool with me!

*ahem* Yeah and a lot of em have yet to pay up & I'm gettin thirsty!!! Forgive me, I've been drinkin....

Actually I was kind of interested until I read the $150 per team wager. I'm too poor for that, and it kind of takes the "friendliness" out of it........

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Quick Reply