Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > 12/27/11 my 1st Anniversary as a Home Brewer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
BrewerinBR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default 12/27/11 my 1st Anniversary as a Home Brewer!

On December 27th 2010 I brewed my first batch of home brew. A Mr. Beer kit Cowboy lager. I was not impressed with the beer, but was absolutely fascinated by the process and the science. I found online John Palmer's book "How To Brew" read it and then purchased a copy of the most recent edition. Also in February 2011 I brewed my first all grain. A spiced black lager, not knowing any better I made up the recipe on my own using research. Developed my own spreadsheet using formulas I found online and in various other books. Today I am brewing a similar recipe, an American Black Lager.
I have learned much from the many generous home brewers here on Home Brew Talk. I got the inspiration for my basement brew room from the many DIY Threads. Same with my Corona bucket Mill. So many good ideas and so much help and knowledge.

Thanks to the many brewers who have responded to my questions, gave me pointers and information. Thanks to all of those posting in DIY for the ideas and inspiration. Thanks for the many gut busting rolling on the floor LOL's

A Special Thanks to Homercidal for invites to brew sessions and help with understanding brewing water chemistry.

You are all a very special group of of people that I am proud to be associated with!

Thank You and Hoppy New Years

George!

I seek not a hobby to fill my time; I seek a passion to fill my life!

Basement Brew Room Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/basement-brew-house-247971/

"Shame on the man of cultivated taste who permits refinement to develop into fastidiousness that unfits him for doing the rough work of a workaday world." -Theodore Roosevelt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
BillyBroas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Congrats on the 1-year anniversary! Here's to many more

BillyBrew.com - Craft beer and homebrewing blog

Follow me on Twitter right here

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply