Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Woodland Hills homebrew shop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
HopOnHops
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Woodland Hills homebrew shop

I went to the lhbs in woodland hills, right off the 101. Great shop with low low prices. I built my kit for a pale ale and proceeded to mill the grains. Thats where it got a little sketchy. A good majority of the grains looked like they didnt get milled. I saw the sign not saying to double mill the grains and brewed with it anyways. My recipe which was supposed to have a preboil around 1.048 came out around 1.033.

Has anyone else had a similar experience at that lhbs? This is my 4th batch in 2 months and all the others ive made were right on the money. All I did was cheat on the culver city shop and now I regret it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
HellBound
Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 67 Posts

That's my local shop and I've never had that problem except for a week or so ago, the mill is starting to give out. They're aware of it and waiting for a new one.

The shop is also the home base for the Maltose Falcons.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #3
HopOnHops
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Wow thanks. Good to know all hope is not lost

Old 06-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
YtBoI
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopOnHops View Post
I went to the lhbs in woodland hills, right off the 101. Great shop with low low prices. I built my kit for a pale ale and proceeded to mill the grains. Thats where it got a little sketchy. A good majority of the grains looked like they didnt get milled. I saw the sign not saying to double mill the grains and brewed with it anyways. My recipe which was supposed to have a preboil around 1.048 came out around 1.033.

Has anyone else had a similar experience at that lhbs? This is my 4th batch in 2 months and all the others ive made were right on the money. All I did was cheat on the culver city shop and now I regret it
Most LHBS will replace the batch if they grain wasn't up to quality. Just go back an tell them... I go to SoCal Homebrew supply in La Verne CA. Don't mean to hijack but, I am starting a Homebrew Club and he letting us hold the first meeting there. if you want to come its on 6/29/2013 @ 4pm. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f189/few...w-club-415968/

Quick Reply