Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Stockton Ca.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
Taliesin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oakdale, California
Posts: 70
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

From Oakdale, and I frequently shop at Barley and Wine, except when it comes to large equipment, which they don't seem to have. mxpx5678 have done a couple beers in collaboration. Highly recommend the experience. Fun to see how other brewers do it, and it's also interesting to see the equipment they use.

__________________

-Chris
1031 Brews
http://www.1031brews.com

Taliesin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #12
mxpx5678
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lathrop, Ca
Posts: 246
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
From Oakdale, and I frequently shop at Barley and Wine, except when it comes to large equipment, which they don't seem to have. mxpx5678 have done a couple beers in collaboration. Highly recommend the experience. Fun to see how other brewers do it, and it's also interesting to see the equipment they use.
I think this is your subtle way of knocking my equipment Jk Jk.
__________________
mxpx5678 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #13
Taliesin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oakdale, California
Posts: 70
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Dude....I'm not knocking your equipment...it's just that I would never use it. Ever.

JUST KIDDING! Actually, I was referring to the autosiphon you left at my house. I've never even seen it in use, but it's convinced me to get one when I need to replace my Better Bottles instead of getting the porter bottle with the racking adapter. I love my racking adapters, but they add so much to the cost of the better bottles.

Also, your comments on the crush I get from my mill solidified the choice I made.

__________________

-Chris
1031 Brews
http://www.1031brews.com

Taliesin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 AM   #14
mxpx5678
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lathrop, Ca
Posts: 246
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Dude....I'm not knocking your equipment...it's just that I would never use it. Ever.

JUST KIDDING! Actually, I was referring to the autosiphon you left at my house. I've never even seen it in use, but it's convinced me to get one when I need to replace my Better Bottles instead of getting the porter bottle with the racking adapter. I love my racking adapters, but they add so much to the cost of the better bottles.

Also, your comments on the crush I get from my mill solidified the choice I made.
Yeah other than that we use pretty much the same setup.

until you get your top tier, you bastard.
__________________
mxpx5678 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #15
Taliesin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oakdale, California
Posts: 70
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I wasn't going to mention it, but yeah. My Blichmann Top Tier gets here on Thursday. So uh, yeah. KERBLAM!!!! Brewing is awesome.

__________________

-Chris
1031 Brews
http://www.1031brews.com

Taliesin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #16
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shooter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 4,452
Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

The former VP of our club started a new homebrew club somewhere out in San Joaquin County, but I don't know where they are currently meeting.

__________________

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Shooter is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #17
mxpx5678
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lathrop, Ca
Posts: 246
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter
The former VP of our club started a new homebrew club somewhere out in San Joaquin County, but I don't know where they are currently meeting.
You mean Peter? The club meets in Lathrop and is for the Manteca, Lathrop , Tracy area. I go to it. It is a really small club right now.

I also am a member of the Mad z's
__________________
mxpx5678 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shooter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 4,452
Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpx5678 View Post
You mean Peter? The club meets in Lathrop and is for the Manteca, Lathrop , Tracy area. I go to it. It is a really small club right now.

I also am a member of the Mad z's
Yep, Peter.
__________________

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Shooter is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #19
DAlexander
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Acampo, CA
Posts: 56
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassassin772 View Post
Any home brewers in Stockton or surrounding area?
Check these guys out- brewangels.com

Thats pretty close to home.
__________________
DAlexander is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #20
Stocktonbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Stocktonbrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stockton, Ca
Posts: 170
Liked 42 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

Stockton homebrewer here. I was thinking of joining a club. Any Brew Angels here?

__________________
Stocktonbrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools