*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Since we have a pile of Socal members

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #101
BrewRadley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I think we need a concrete "I'm hosting here at this date" from someone. Until then it is just a 'yeah, i would host if we do this sometime' kinda thing..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #102
HeavyKettleBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewRadley View Post
I think we need a concrete "I'm hosting here at this date" from someone. Until then it is just a 'yeah, i would host if we do this sometime' kinda thing..
I hear you and on the flip side, without any interest from others, I will brew at home. The last guy to offer had one person committ to showing up.

I have a warehouse in Oceanside large enough for a meetup. It is a machine shop but there is room inside and out to host a SD/NC meetup and brew. Weekends only as I do run a business during the week. No babes, no swimming pools, no luxury accomodations. I offer place to meet, drink (responsibly), BBQ, Brew and piss. If you need to take a crap, you can use the bushes. I think it would be awesome to get some HBT members out for a collaborative brew session. Did I mention I am literally one block away from OAW?

Are you down, BrewRadley? Be the first on your block.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #103
BrewRadley
Recipes 

I'm down to brew most any weekend, assuming I'm in town. I thought my prior post was confirmation, but if you'd like a formal 'I'm in', here it is:

I'm in!

I'll even suggest a date if that helps - how about Sunday, the 24th of March? This is arbitrary and a good day for me (This weekend already kinda full, next weekend is Epic Beer Fest in SD *and* St Paddy's Day parties, 24th is the weekend after that).

For my part, i can bring a keg (or 2 or 3 and/or my backpack keg) and my brew setup is completely mobile so I can do 10 lbs all-grain (and split with someone if they can't bring a rig or whatever).

And we can cruise over to Oceanside Aleworks and get in on some Oaked Sunday action also if we want.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #104
HeavyKettleBrewing
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewRadley View Post
I'm down to brew most any weekend, assuming I'm in town. I thought my prior post was confirmation, but if you'd like a formal 'I'm in', here it is:

I'm in!

I'll even suggest a date if that helps - how about Sunday, the 24th of March? This is arbitrary and a good day for me (This weekend already kinda full, next weekend is Epic Beer Fest in SD *and* St Paddy's Day parties, 24th is the weekend after that).

For my part, i can bring a keg (or 2 or 3 and/or my backpack keg) and my brew setup is completely mobile so I can do 10 lbs all-grain (and split with someone if they can't bring a rig or whatever).

And we can cruise over to Oceanside Aleworks and get in on some Oaked Sunday action also if we want.
Wife's birthday is on the 20th, so I just need to make sure which weekend she has me scheduled to entertain her. Given what you said above and Easter being on the 31st, does not leave much wiggle room. Let me see what I can do with the 24th. I have a single burner and cooler MLT, so mobile enough. I do not have filtered water at the shop. I'll get a jockey box. Wife will give me looks if I load up the kegerator to bring to the shop. I'll post by tomorrow if the 24th will work for me.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #105
igotsand
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 9

If there is a meetup in oside, I'm down..
My setup is too big to move around but I always have acouple of kegs to show up with...
Igotsand

Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #106
PackerfaninSanDiego
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 130 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 6

all I have done so far is extract,,,,,,have the stuff to go to the next step. I'd like to go to learn from the classroom and not the internet.
would be willing to help out with set up and clean up

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #107
HeavyKettleBrewing
Recipes 

Hey guys, I didn't abandon the thread. I made a few changes to my forum membership and was locked out for a couple days as a result. I would like to make it official and say that I am willing to host on Mar 30th. The Del Mar Fair is now accepting registration for the annual Homebrew Comp and this could make for a fun and collaborative brew session. If anyone is interested in submitting entries:

http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuse...er_amateur.php

If anyone is interested in getting together, like mentioned before, I have the space. I can provide city water, restroom and a lobby to setup for cornies or bottle sampling. I will look at the cost to get an inline hose filter for water. Let's get a head count. My willingness to put this together is somewhat dependant on how many folks are willing to committ to the date. Actual time TBD.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #108
Nunner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Checking in from Lemon Grove, I would be interested in meeting up with anyone and taking in some knowlege

Old 03-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #109
BrewRadley
Recipes 

Hrm, I may be camping that weekend.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #110
40oz
Recipes 

I'm down!