Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Need Help! Going to Long Beach

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
Trophy_Brew21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Need Help! Going to Long Beach

So I'm headed down to Long Beach in a little over a week. I am staying at the Westin, and don't have much of transportation while down there. But I need some help trying to find a god brewery close or a few, the more the better!

And I am also looking for a beer market near by aswell, something with a good selection of bottled beer, maybe Dogfish Head? Thank you very much, I hope to hear all your inputs and ideas! Thank you!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
jkings52
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry just saw this. You can try Beachwood BBQ good food and good Taps.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
ims0ko0l
Recipes 

you can try the yard house, or rock botton brewery on ocean blvd. depending on what kind of beer you drink i know a few places in long beach that i like to go to for a beer and watch a sports game.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
TheTooth
Recipes 

I'll second Beachwood as a good destination. They have two locations now... one in Seal Beach and one in Long Beach. The Long Beach location brews great beer on premises. The food is pretty good as well.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 425 Times on 346 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Beachwood BBQ is where you want to go.

Avoid Belmont Brewing, and to be honest I wasn't too keen on Rock Bottom's stuff last time I was there, although it's always been hit-or-miss for me. I wouldn't go to Yard House personally. The people who work at Beachwood actually know about beer and care about what they serve. You will not get the same level of service at Yard House. I have been there many times, but they always make me wish I'd gone someplace else.

Beachwood BBQ is also right next door to Congregation Ale House, which, although the service is generally not the best, has probably the second best bottle selection of any bar in the Los Angeles area. I think the service issue is partly because of the weird system they have set up for placing orders and monitoring tables. Also, I have had more than one surly waitress there....although that might be because they are forced to wear catholic school girl uniforms.

Quick Reply