The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Homebrewers in the Antelope Valley

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Sasquatch01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Homebrewers in the Antelope Valley

Hey all,

Just signed up and this is my first post here. I hope its in the right place.

I used to home brew years ago and really enjoyed it until my LHBS ent out of business, and I havent brewed since. I was wondering if there any locals in the Palmdale Lancaster area that would like to get together and brew? I still have my equipment and such.

Thanks!

Sasquatch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
Sasquatch01
Recipes 

No one? When I was brewing years ago there was a club here in the AV, but I guess its now defunct? Thats too bad..

Old 02-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
hexXedBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch01
No one? When I was brewing years ago there was a club here in the AV, but I guess its now defunct? Thats too bad..
I'm sure there are a few as there's a new LHBS called the bearded brewer opening up in Quartz Hill. It supposed to open today or some time very soon.

Here's their #: (661) 418-6348

Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
Sasquatch01
Recipes 

Really? Thats great! I was hoping there would be another shop open in the area since Acton homebrew closed 10 years ago.. Im goign to find it since Im in Quartz Hill myself!

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
hexXedBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch01
Really? Thats great! I was hoping there would be another shop open in the area since Acton homebrew closed 10 years ago.. Im goign to find it since Im in Quartz Hill myself!

Thanks!
sure thing. also, I think the homebrew club in the AV is called "beavr" but I'm not sure they are still active cuz I can't find their website.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Sasquatch01
Recipes 

Thanks for your help.. I plan on visiting the Breaded Brewer this week..

I have done several searches for clubs here, butnone come up.. There used to be a club called the High Desert Trublemakers, but I guess they arent around anymore. Im excited about this new LHBS tho..

Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #7
wschatz
Recipes 

Hello Sasquatch01,

I'm in Lancaster and sometimes brew. Never as much I as I would like. Let me know if you would like to meet up.
This is my first posting and I'm not sure how it all works.

Wayne

Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
Sasquatch01
Recipes 

Hello Wayne..

Id love to get together sometime. Ive been rather busy as of late tho, and dont know when Ill get the chance to brew.. Im lloking to try an AG batch.. Have you tried this?

Old 03-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #9
wschatz
Recipes 

I have done a couple all grain. Still trying to get organized with it. That is a weakesss of mine.

Live in west Lancaster near 40th & J. Mostly I brew when my friends who have an interest in brewing motivate me to do a batch.

We'll be talk soon, I hope. Do you have any idea how people exchange contact info? I hesitate to put too much info out in the public.

Wayne

Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
dukeredhair
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hello Fellow AV brewers. There is a club up here that is actually growing quite rapidly. the website is http://beavr.org/ meeting are almost always on the first fridays of the month and the schedule can be found on the forum. We're meeting at Bravery Brewing in April.

Also if you haven't been out to The Bearded Brewer, it is a great little shop, Dylan (the owner) is a great resource of knowledge and a fellow beavr. Homebrewing is alive and well in the AV.

Quick Reply