Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > HBT Meet-Brew-Share on Jan 19, Menifee CA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
polvofiloso
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default HBT Meet-Brew-Share on Jan 19, Menifee CA

Over in THIS THREAD we were throwing around ideas for a meet-up in the Temecula/Murrieta area. I'm just a tad north of there but I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on it so here goes...

My wife and I are inviting everyone over to our place in Menifee, on January 19th for a HBT meet-up, cluster-brew, bottle-share, etc. We can use this thread to plan details, and at some point I'll probably start a sign-up sheet just so we can get an idea of who's coming.

So here's the deal: even if nobody shows up, we will be here brewing a 10 gallon batch of something (whatever we're low on at the time), and enjoying our own homebrew all day long. Whoever wants to show up is welcome to do so, in whatever capacity you'd like. If you're new to brewing and just want to watch, that's cool. If you don't want to brew but want to meet some of the other HBT'ers in the area, that's cool. If you just want to bring some of your own homebrew to share, that's cool. If you want to bring your rig and brew a batch, I'll supply the water! If you want to bring some BBQ or do some BBQ on premises (xring?), that's cool. Basically you can come and hang out, and bring/do as much or as little as you want. The only requirement would be that you bring something to share, either your own homebrew or some commercial craft beer.

Here's what we have to work with: I have a large hardscaped back yard (with a pool, but its too cold to use unless you're in the polar bear club), with a 75' X 14' covered patio. I figure we can probably fit over a dozen all-grain brew rigs under there (I'm still an extract brewer). For those who would like to bring their homebrew in corny kegs, I have one 3-faucet kegerator in the house (by the pool table and a large Bev-Air commercial kegerator with 3 faucets (but will hold about a dozen cornies to keep them cold) on the patio. If we have more people than that who want to bring kegs (wow wouldn't that be killer), we can either rotate them, or use picnic taps on the rest. BTW, I am mostly set up for ball-locks but I do have one faucet rigged with pin-lock so I can fit the shorter pin-lock keg at the back of my kegerator. But all of my keg connectors are on flare fittings so they can be swapped easily, and I do think I have an extra set or two of pin-lock connectors somewhere in case we need them. For food prep, I have a normal sized gas grill, and one of those 2-chamber smokers, if anyone wants to fire those up.

My wife and I hope it will keep rolling after the brewing is done and turn into a fun party well into the evening. We have a nice fire pit and lots of wood for it! We have two guest rooms plus a couple of couches to crash on for those who are unable to drive home. If anyone wants to bring their RV to crash in, we have plenty of room for those too.

We'll work out the time, details, etc as people show interest. So who's in?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
polvofiloso
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

(Saving this space for a sign-ups list, if there's enough interest)

Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
igotsand
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'm in!
I'm in vista so if anyone from sd driving up wants to carpool(meet off the I-15)...I'm game for that..
I'll bring a keg of somethin...
Igotsand

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
cwag001
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Count me in
I live in murrieta, and have three brews going would greatly appreciate feedback, and would like to brew a batch as well thanks polvo

Old 12-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Biohazard
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I wont have anything ready by then, but I do have some ciders done. I will try to make it over. sounds fun!

On a side note, where do you guys shop usually for brew stuff? I know of Brewliterate in Canyon Lake and Murrieta Homebrew, anywhere else?

Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
carguy13
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 14

homebrew emporium in murrieta... actually it might be in French Valley. They're awesome.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Halbrust
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Love the idea!
I'm a maybe because I think we have plans that day. If not, I'll be there.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
polvofiloso
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

OK looks like we've got a few solid maybes so far LOL...

Each of you who are interested please drop me an email at polvofiloso@gmail.com and Ill send you the address. I should have a keg of our Orange Blossom Honey Ale on tap

Old 12-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
evolcoms
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I would be interested in attending. Will this meet be kid friendly?

Beers
In the Works: Peach Berry Wheat Ale
Conditioning: Blue Moon Clone, Double O' Blossom Honey Hefeweizen
In the Fridge:Blind Pig IPA, Raspberry Wheat Ale, Capt. Cascade American Amber Ale
Ciders
Primary #1: Carmel Apple Cider 4 weeks on 01/16/13 Primary #2: Spiced Apple Cider 2 weeks on 01/17/13

Old 12-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Halbrust
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 100

I'm out. When I talked to the wife about it, the first thing she said was "Isn't that the weekend of your camping event?"
Next time this happens I'd love to go though.

Quick Reply