Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Going to San Francisco in Sept.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Quimby
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Going to San Francisco in Sept.

I am originally from California, but I have been living in Oklahoma for the past 15 years.
I will be visiting some family for 2 weeks in September with my Wife and we will be in the Bay Area. San Ramon to be exact.
While we are there I want to hit up a few microbreweries and some cool pubs. Of course I already plan on hitting Anchor and Rogue, but I wanted to see what else you guys would recommend that I need to see while I am there. Of course would love to hit up any of these places that also give tours.
Another thing I would like to look for is possibly some places that have great food and beer pairing or something unique.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

If you'll be in San Ramon, Jack's has a servicable beer selection and food. I believe there is also a Hopyard location up there, but I've only ever been to the one in Pleasanton.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 07-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
thataintchicken
The good ideas will survive.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1261 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
If you'll be in San Ramon, Jack's has a servicable beer selection and food.
I second that.
Jack's has an experienced brewer that has really improved their quality over the last year.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
Quimby
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
If you'll be in San Ramon, Jack's has a servicable beer selection and food. I believe there is also a Hopyard location up there, but I've only ever been to the one in Pleasanton.
Good Call. When the family asks about going to dinner or lunch I will just request we go to Jacks

Old 08-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
NiteBeest
Recipes 

There's a new gastropub opening up in Pleasanton called Handles on Main. 30 craft beers on tap, 8+ wines on tap, and seasonal, local food coming out of the kitchen. Looking like August 29th will be the grand opening.

Primary:
5 gal EdWort's Apfelwein

Secondary:
4 gal Strawberry Vanilla Melomel
1 gal Cyser

Bottled:
Vanilla Cider Wine, Spiced Cider Wine, Cider Wine, Summer Berry Cider, Caramel Double Apple Cider, Caramel Double Apple Cider (oaked), Skeeter Pee, Brandon O's Graff, MAOM, EdWort's Apfelwein

Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #6
RunnerJeff
Recipes 

21st Amendment in the downtown SF/stadium area has some nice beers.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
Quimby
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerJeff View Post
21st Amendment in the downtown SF/stadium area has some nice beers.
I think I am actually going to try and go to a game while I am there. So I might try and hit up 21st Amendment while I am there.

Thank you and everyone else for the ideas

Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Quimby
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks everyone.
I leave this Saturday and hope to hit all these places. I checked out The HopYard in San Ramon's Website and I may luck out. They are having a Brewery night on Sept. 27th and Stone Brewery will be there.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
vwdoobie
Recipes 

Magnolia Brewery in the Haight has delicious beer and food. Also if you're willing to drive a little Anderson Valley Brewery in Boonville is awesome. They don't serve food but have a great tour and a frisbee golf course.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #10
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
Thanks everyone.
I leave this Saturday and hope to hit all these places. I checked out The HopYard in San Ramon's Website and I may luck out. They are having a Brewery night on Sept. 27th and Stone Brewery will be there.
Just be sure it's the San Ramon location and not the one in Pleasanton.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Quick Reply