Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > BN Winter Beer Festival, 01/30/10

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default BN Winter Beer Festival, 01/30/10

Just curious if there will be any other HBT members at the BN Winter Beer Festival this weekend?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I didn't think we're welcome there, being douche of the year nominees and all

Kegged: Fat Man Porter w/ 1469, Fat Man Porter w/ 005, Centennial Falcon w/ Conan, Centennial Falcon w/ Denny's, Barrel-aged Fat Man Porter, Belgian Dark Strong, Dark Mild

Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 AM   #3
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

ACTUALLY, I ran into at least one HBT member up there, a VERY active member here, who shall go nameless! I really think the whole HBT vs. BN thing was really overdone by both sides. For all who missed out, it was a great festival!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 01-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Did it sell out?

Kegged: Fat Man Porter w/ 1469, Fat Man Porter w/ 005, Centennial Falcon w/ Conan, Centennial Falcon w/ Denny's, Barrel-aged Fat Man Porter, Belgian Dark Strong, Dark Mild

Old 01-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
calpyro
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 18 Posts

The BN Winterfest was a blast, great beer and food, and good music all day long. The party went well into the evening and I had a really good time. The crowd that attended, made it one of the mellowest and best behaved beerfest I have ever been to. The local homebrew clubs came strong and poured over a dozen different free beers to the masses. The Linden Street Brewery was a great location in an old industrial part of town that was perfect for music and partying. Great event!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

I'm not sure what they considered a sell out, but the line to Sean Paxton's food was almost an hour wait and the bathroom lines weren't much better. I can't imagine they didn't get a decent return on their investement. The place was PACKED and the homebrew area was definitely an added bonus.

I've seen Mike "Tasty" McDole up at More Beer several times, but never really had a chance to try his beer. I thought the rye pale ale he brought was a really great beer. If next year is anything like this one I will definitely be attending again. Coming up next for me is SF Beer Week!

Quick Reply