Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > Hawaii HomeBrew Forum > What can I bring to hawaii?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #11
Bordy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I live on Oahu and the LHBS is pretty darn expensive. $1.70 per pound of 2-row, $5 for a pack of dry yeast. Northern Brewer has the best prices on everything including shipping that I have found so far. I had 25 lbs of grains that I ordered and it came in around $20 for shipping, after breaking it down, still cheaper than the LHBS. I you want to keg, I suggest bringing that stuff, it's pretty hard to find on the island and shipping on that would be a pretty penny.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #12
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordy
I live on Oahu and the LHBS is pretty darn expensive. $1.70 per pound of 2-row, $5 for a pack of dry yeast. Northern Brewer has the best prices on everything including shipping that I have found so far. I had 25 lbs of grains that I ordered and it came in around $20 for shipping, after breaking it down, still cheaper than the LHBS. I you want to keg, I suggest bringing that stuff, it's pretty hard to find on the island and shipping on that would be a pretty penny.
Thanks. I already sold my kegging stuff. I'll be bottling for awhile. Unless I find a deal on CL before I leave. I been checking prices everywhere. Have you ever used farmhousebrewingsupply.com. Their hops prices are awesome. Check it out, you might chane who you buy from

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
Bordy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I have checked them out and they do have great prices, but the shipping is cheaper with Northern Brewer, something you definitely have to consider in Hawaii.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
Retire2016
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Just put your COLA to good use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I retire from the military, I might actually figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
---
Rock In Peace Jeff Hanneman, gone too soon.
RIP Ray Manzarek, thanks for opening doors for us.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #15
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordy
I have checked them out and they do have great prices, but the shipping is cheaper with Northern Brewer, something you definitely have to consider in Hawaii.
I wanted to check shipping for 33 lbs of grain at northern brewer on northern brewer. It came out to $66! Did I do something wrong?

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
Bordy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I usually play with shipping quantities, for example, I have had it come out to about 25lbs and it costs around $20. Maybe try to split it into 2 packages of 15lbs each, get it around $40.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #17
Bordy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Northern Brewer is having a buy 2 get one free on all grain recipe kits, I just got 2 cream ale kits, an a chocolate milk stout kit and a pound of priming sugar shipped for $60. Shipping was $8! Not sure why so cheap, but I put the order in ASAP, maybe try to check now, maybe rates changed?

Old 07-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #18
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Ahhhh! i just got here yesterday! I don't even have an address yet. i wish i could order some

Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #19
jamason_2000
Recipes 

Northern brewer has flat rate shipping for 7.99. Midwest is literally across the river from them in the twin cities and only does flat rate like three times a year.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #20
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamason_2000
Northern brewer has flat rate shipping for 7.99. Midwest is literally across the river from them in the twin cities and only does flat rate like three times a year.
They do $7.99 all the time? If so, they have a new customer

Quick Reply