New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > Hawaii HomeBrew Forum > equipment supplier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
mendozer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

try yardhouse for kegs, or ask who their distributor is. I know someone who works for Anheuser Hawaii, but i don't know if he works with kegs, he's a publicity/marketing guy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
jamason_2000
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I am up at schofield. Been here on island for roughly three months now. Just got finished fermenting a coffee honey porter. Bottled today. Did some checking around for kegs, yard house won't sell empties neither will kona brewing. Not looking to keg much yet just because bottles are cheaper at this point. I have friends down on Hickman who saves me his kona bottles.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
ohai
Recipes 

I'm also at Schofield. If you ever want to do a big brew day, let me know. I'm trying to get on to a group brew with the West Oahu Brewers Club tomorrow. If that falls through, I'll probably just end up down at HBIP to pick up supplies to do a Bitter American clone (damn, those are delicious) to brew up in the afternoon. My main fermentation chamber died a horrible death this week (craigslist freezer, guess i should have expected as much) so I'll probably just be doing a small batch, 2.5G or so, so that I can adjust my keezer temp for it to primary in. Either way, let me know. I love to cook out and brew some beer. We can get all crunk and such whilst making some delicious brews. It's basically a win-win.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
jamason_2000
Recipes 

Ferm chamber..... I have been using a 35 gallon Rubbermaid container for a water bath. Kept my temps down to about 70 during fermentation. Need to find a used fridge. This weekend isn't too good for meeting up. Got tickets to air show out at kbay, going Tom morning. Going to brew a rocky pale next weekend.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
ohai
Recipes 

I tried something similar with some frozen water bottles but couldn't keep it steady and cool enough (low 60's ideally). I got a new freezer picked out from lowes that I'll probably pick up tomorrow. Hell of a downgrade but I'll make it work.

I'm gonna brew on Sat, you're more than welcome to come by if you want. Always got plenty of beer.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
ohai
Recipes 

Almost forgot, if you're still looking for kegs, I've got two Heinekens sitting out in the garage. I started polishing one, didn't get too far. If you don't mind the slightly less volume (50L) they would probably work just fine. $30 apiece if you're interested.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #17
jamason_2000
Recipes 

I could get them from you one at a time. Where are you at? Pm me your number and we can set up a meeting. Fairly busy this week with work.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #18
ohai
Recipes 

Pm sent. Also just realized that we hijacked the hell out of Mendozer's thread. Apologies for that. I hope that the interest shown here doesn't keep you from trying to peddle some brew wares out here. It might be worth posting on the HoPS fb page as well. There's quite a few folks on there as well.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #19
jamason_2000
Recipes 

Still have those kegs?

Quick Reply