Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > Hawaii HomeBrew Forum > Big island home brewers, Hilo side

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Hawaii_Dean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Big island home brewers, Hilo side

Any other brewers in the area? I‘m in Hawaiian paradise park.

All grain brewer and mead maker. I have 10 gallons of Amber just about finished and ready to crash and keg (38% specialty grains = yummy). 2 separate fermenters - Chico and ESB yeasts. Plus 6 gallons of 1.120 lilikoi mead in primary on Cote de blanc.

Of yeah, I‘m using hop extract for bittering hops and aroma oils for dry hopping. I got these from a brewer friend of mine in Guam. Have extra to share if you are local. 1-2 ppm hop oil is great for Ambers and mild pale ales and the like and 6-8 ppm is fantastic in West coast styled pale ales. I have 5 varieties! :-)

Dean on 22nd and Makuu

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 05:50 AM   #2
Hawaii_Dean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Amber brewed with falconers flight and santiam at 15 and zero before flame out. Hop aroma ended up weak so I'll dry hop with cascade and amarillo hop oils blended. Half ppm of each suspended in vodka carrier. Kegged 2 weeks after brewing. Love wirfloc.

Sent from my ME173X using Home Brew mobile app

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply