Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Idaho HomeBrew Forum > Crooked Fence Brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
djfriesen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Crooked Fence Brewing

Attention all SW Idaho Craft Beer Fans:

I just wanted to post a shoutout to Crooked Fence Brewing in the City of Gardens.

Stopped by last week and chatted with three of the guys at their (relatively) new place of business. Really cool place with a tasting room, small gift store, and great view into the brewery. Nice selection of brews with their Rusty Nail PA, 3 Picket Porter, as well as a hefe, and the same hefe with a citrus addition.

I heard plans to expend via an outdoor patio and additional building space, so hopefully that happens, as I think the atmosphere could be really cool.

Have any of you been there? If so, what are your thoughts/impressions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts

The guys seem cool. We did a brew club meeting there a while back. The porter is tasty, other beers range from meh to good. They probably have the best marketing of any Boise-area brewery, so I expect they'll do just fine.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
djfriesen
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

dwarven,

When do you guys meet? Is that Snake River? I had heard of them, but until recently work schedules would not allow me to attend. I'd be interested in trying to make the next meeting if that's possible.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts

Yeah, Snake River. We have a forum here: http://snakeriverbrewers.org/index.php. Meetings are 2nd Thursday at 7, usually at Fuddruckers in Meridian.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
duckdogs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfriesen View Post
Attention all SW Idaho Craft Beer Fans:

I just wanted to post a shoutout to Crooked Fence Brewing in the City of Gardens.

Have any of you been there? If so, what are your thoughts/impressions?
I haven't been in to their operation in Garden City but I have had several of their brews that were served via keg this year at different party's I have been to and they have all been very good, the most recent was their porter at a company Christmas party.

PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE RISING COST IN AMMO PRICES I WILL NO LONGER BE FIRING A WARNING SHOT.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh@t by the clean end."

Beer
It is the drink of men who think
And feel no fear nor fetter
Who do not drink to senseless sink
But drink to think the better
Anonymous

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS