Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Vising Portland & Seattle- Seeking suggestions fro those in the know

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
Broham1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinsato
My girlfriend is there right now and asking me what bottles she should bring home for me. Do any of these aforementioned microbreweries bottle? And if so, are there 2-3 beers she absolutely needs to get for me?
Have her go to a good bottle shop, like Saraveza, Belmont Station, or Beermongers. That way she can do one-stop shopping and come back with a variety. I'd also recommend she hit Distillery Row for some of Portland's best craft liquors. House Spirits makes some excellent stuff. I love their Aquavit and their gin.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #22
pdxal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinsato View Post
My girlfriend is there right now and asking me what bottles she should bring home for me. Do any of these aforementioned microbreweries bottle? And if so, are there 2-3 beers she absolutely needs to get for me?
It is tough to narrow down to 2-3, but some unique beers that would represent Portland well would include Upright #4, Hopworks' Ace of Spades, Laurelwood Free Range Red, and Cascade's Kriek. There are many more than that, but those come to mind.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #23
steinsato
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Ok, so she hauled in Upright #4, Laurelwood Free Range Red, Elysian Promethius IPA (I'm aware this is from WA but she was up there too), and a Logsdon Seizoen. All 22oz or 750ml bottles so I was pretty impressed. I was just expecting a couple of 12 oz assuming she didn't want to deal with hauling beer bottles through the airport. Can't wait to give them a try. Thanks for the advice pdxal, oh and Broham I think she got them all at Belmont Station per your advice and she also bought a bottle of New Deal Gin #1 from Distillery Row. My opinion of that is that it smells like olives (martini) and finishes with strong juniper. Thanks again for the advice.

"The ordinary world is only the foam on top of the real world." Tom Robbins (B is for Beer)
"It's a beautiful day for baseball. Let's play two." Ernie Banks

Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #24
Broham1
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinsato
Ok, so she hauled in Upright #4, Laurelwood Free Range Red, Elysian Promethius IPA (I'm aware this is from WA but she was up there too), and a Logsdon Seizoen. All 22oz or 750ml bottles so I was pretty impressed. I was just expecting a couple of 12 oz assuming she didn't want to deal with hauling beer bottles through the airport. Can't wait to give them a try. Thanks for the advice pdxal, oh and Broham I think she got them all at Belmont Station per your advice and she also bought a bottle of New Deal Gin #1 from Distillery Row. My opinion of that is that it smells like olives (martini) and finishes with strong juniper. Thanks again for the advice.
Glad to help. Those were excellent choices. Enjoy.

Oh, and she sounds like a keeper!

Cheers

Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #25
pdxal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Crap, forgot about the Logsdon. The brewery is owned by the founder of Wyeast. Good Saison. Belmont Station is my local, so good choice for bottle shopping.
Cheers.

Quick Reply